What's new

Gillette Heritage Initial Review

Well I asked for one for Christmas, we will see if I actually get one or not, I sent the amazon link over to the wife. No idea if I'll get it or not, but hey might as well ask for one, I'd like to get this as I think it's cool, but also a nice razor, and since I don't have a backup at all, and have been shaving with the same Gillette Super Speed for over a year, might as well add one to the collection.

I tried Twitter for a while and dumped it. It has become a cesspool of vile anonymous invective. A vehicle for weaklings to act like bullies without suffering the consequences.

A better summary of Twitter has yet to be written.

By the way, the second best summary of Twitter I've heard is: "You used to have to go into a depressing cinder-block bar on a Tuesday afternoon to hear the kind of wisdom one encounters daily on Twitter."

anyone else get one of these new Gillette heritage razors?
I finally broke down and bought one.
The case is quite nice, actually. I wish that more razor companies would do something like this, instead of the plain cardboard boxes that most come in.
As far as the razor is concerned, the shave is exactly the same as my EJ 89, which including the Muhle R89, is exactly what it is.
The handle is very nice. Not exceptionally grippy, but not slippery either.
All in all, not bad a purchase, and would make a great gift, both presentation wise, and as a first razor for anyone.

As far as the razor is concerned, the shave is exactly the same as my EJ 89, which including the Muhle R89, is exactly what it is.

Not sure if you know this but the Gillette Heritage head is different than the EJ 89 and Muhle R89.

I believe the comments are in this thread. The Gillette has a different curve to its cap.

I relented & bought a Heritage, primarily to settle for myself the ongoing speculation of whose head it is. The handle looks nice, too, but unlike the original common fat handle, it's solid and heavy -- apparently a thick and clunky zamak head needs more massive weight to balance out the head. I haven't shaved with it & will likely sit on it and sell it in the event it actually becomes a "collectable".

If Gillette ramps up their DE razor and blade sales, I hope they don't charge two or three bucks for a blade.
I hope they do.
As punishment for not stockpiling blades for Your razor. At least 50% of B&B members will never have to buy another
Blade for the rest of their lives. So couldn't
Possibly care less about future blade prices. Remember "Whining will not be Tolerated "
Hey I'm just kidding, pay me no mind
Unless you agree with it.

I've been away from the forums a while but this is very interesting. A billion dollar company like Gillette would not get back into DE game if it doesn't make a profit. If we get a USA made brass plated razor down the line I'd definitely buy it if price was right. I will pass on this razor, happy with my Fatip Gentile right now.

I'm hoping I get one for Christmas as I would like to have a brand new DE razor. My Super Speed has "soul" let me tell you, I'm sure if that razor could talk.

I think it's a cool concept and I agree that if Gillette didn't think they could make a profit, then they wouldn't be getting into this game.

Gifted a Heritage by my thoughtful wife, who took my hint. Had a superb Christmas shave with it. I don't have an EJ 89 or an R89, so it's a different and welcome addition to the den.

Well had my first shave with it this morning, used a brand new Gillette Nacet blade, as I decided to keep the 5 pack of Gillette blades that came with it unused, should I ever decide to sell it or whatever.

As someone who has only been at DE shaving less then two years or so, my impression of this new razor is that’s it’s pretty darn nice. Shaves easy, nice heavy weight to it. It’s a lot different then my Gillette Super Speed in term of feel and balance. I got a great shave with it, and maybe I’ll just start using this full time, and come back to my Super Speed if I get bored or just want to change it up etc.

For $35 I think it’s a pretty good value and a great razor. If your on the fence get it! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

I finally got to use my Gillette Heritage on Christmas morning and found it to be a mild, yet efficient razor. I like the weight and balance and the build appears to be of a high quality. Overall, I like it and think it will be a fine daily driver.

So if this is the first new Gillette DE in over 30 years, my find today (date code D4, 1983) must be about the last one before now.

Attachments

• A5B83090-8D1B-40F6-8081-FBA4C022B980.jpeg
    A5B83090-8D1B-40F6-8081-FBA4C022B980.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 39
Top Bottom