What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gillette Heritage Initial Review

and... after getting the razor in the mail today and shaving with it... the verdict... the handle is cool. decent weight. its deffinitely a muhle or edwin jaggar head. Shaved with one before and i wasnt quite impressed with the shave... Trying this heritage today and its better than i remember, but still not aggressive enough for me. my favorite razor is a gillette red tip. With that r41 open comb head coming in, should be better. 7.5/10 for me.

and... after getting the razor in the mail today and shaving with it... the verdict... the handle is cool. decent weight. its deffinitely a muhle or edwin jaggar head. Shaved with one before and i wasnt quite impressed with the shave... Trying this heritage today and its better than i remember, but still not aggressive enough for me. my favorite razor is a gillette red tip. With that r41 open comb head coming in, should be better. 7.5/10 for me.
Yeah, I agree that it's just another version or the "89" head, though for me that's not a bad thing. Though I'm trying lots of different razors these days, I can get the aggressiveness that I sometimes seek from my Heritage by putting in a Kai or Feather blade. But I realize that might still be too mild for many.

I can't tell you how happy I am with my new Gillette I've been pounding away with this since Christmas last year........so basically it's a year old and I haven't even touched my super speed, or even thought about picking it up, I think I'll truly be the guy with one razor as my main tool and a backup......and that's it!

I’ve had my Gillette heritage in my rotation since December 2019, and now feel it’s too mild for my tastes. The heritage is a nice razor, but I’m finding that I bypass it more than I use it lately due to the extremely mild shaves. I didn’t feel that way when I bought it, so maybe I’ll revisit the heritage in a few months.

I’ve had my Gillette heritage in my rotation since December 2019, and now feel it’s too mild for my tastes. The heritage is a nice razor, but I’m finding that I bypass it more than I use it lately due to the extremely mild shaves. I didn’t feel that way when I bought it, so maybe I’ll revisit the heritage in a few months.
Put a feather in it and see? If it is still too dull, sell it?

A shim really woke mine up, made it feel like a GC84-P

South Dakota Guy

Contributor
I didn't care for the short handle that comes with the Heritage but once I put a larger handle on it I found it to be a decent razor. I am sure it is in the Muhle R89/ EJ89 category.

I was using a Rapira blade in mine this week, NO BUENO, I can use every blade I have in my stash with this Heritage no problem, when it comes to the Rapira.........just harsh.

I love mine, and I have been using it straight without any break since I got mine back in 2019 for Christmas.

Just received mine and I have to agree with other posts here. The head is identical to the EdwinJagger DE89/Muhle R89. In fact the paper insert placed between the top and bottom caps is identical to the one received with my new Muhle R89. I do like the handle though. Not sure where that comes from. Although not identical, it reminds of the Edwin Jagger DE89 Kelvin handle. I do like the shorter handles. So... while not actually manufactured by Gillette, a good razor non the less and worth the money.

Top Bottom