What's new

Gillette Heritage Initial Review

I was lucky to land an NOS I-1 Super Speed. Remains pristine in the box and it will go to my son someday. I’ve heard people mention I-2 but haven’t personally seen one.

For Christmas 1987, my dad got me a Norelco (Still use as a trimmer BTW) but I had skin sensitivity to it and the oils didn’t help. By early 1988, I got an Atra and used carts/disposables until about 2010. I was curious about my dad’s old DE razors, 50s Super Speed and Fatboy but my dad told me they were being replaced at the time and wouldn’t be on the market much longer. He thought carts were overpriced and this is what led him to Norelco. Would have gotten him the Heritage if he was still with us.

So from what iv seen it’s not a Gillette razor just the case and blades so it’s false marketing

You think Gillette made the case? I doubt it. They likely outsourced it just like the razor....just had their name put on it.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I hope they do.
As punishment for not stockpiling blades for Your razor. At least 50% of B&B members will never have to buy another
Blade for the rest of their lives. So couldn't
Possibly care less about future blade prices. Remember "Whining will not be Tolerated "
Hey I'm just kidding, pay me no mind
Unless you agree with it.
I have enough blades for 480 years.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Just being a rookie here I only have enough blades for 4 years, but there are many I haven't tried yet! Being only 64, I guess I better stock up!

On a side note, I just got my Heritage a few days ago. These are the weights that I got on mine--------->

Gillette Heritage
Cap-14.5g Baseplate-17.3g C&P-31.9 Handle-30.6g Total-62.6g

I was on the fence on whether or not I wanted to get the Heritage, but since I don't have a Muhle or EJ in my arsenal, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me. I am glad that I got me one.

First impressions are they actually shipped it a day early, and the case is really nice. I actually like the case more than the razor itself.
It is a nice looking razor, and I was surprised how smooth it shaves considering the clamping location of the blade. While the handle is nice and grippy, for me it is a little light for the weight of the head. I used a GSB(5) for the 1st shave, and a Gillette Platinum(1) for the 2nd shave.

I would compare the shave to my Prewar Tech, which is my 2nd favorite tech.
My 53 Y2 Tech with a steel baseplate is my favorite tech, and yes, the baseplate is magnetic........
The Heritage will look very nice in my collection of vintage Gillette razors!!!

20200102_193404[1].jpg20200103_190746[1].jpg

I am glad Gillette released this kit. Perhaps it is a sign of more to come. As for me, I have decided not to get one. It looks like a good deal but I will wait for one that has a Gillette logo on the razor.

You think Gillette made the case? I doubt it. They likely outsourced it just like the razor....just had their name put on it.
Well For it’s to have there logo it’s technicaly a Gillette the razor doesn’t have there logo if It did and was a genuine Gillette I’d be all over it like a Greek on a souvlaki

So if this is the first new Gillette DE in over 30 years, my find today (date code D4, 1983) must be about the last one before now.

That’s my birth quarter. If you’d care to part with it PM me and let me discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I spent all last week with it, got some learning to do with it, as I do believe that I’m capable of getting a better shave with my Super Speed, but then again I’m partial.

Top Bottom