What's new

Gillette Heritage first shave and it was DF

I'm a few months in as a DE shaver, and have been using a Fatboy exclusively and decided to get a Heritage for travel. I have a trip coming up so thought I'd give it a whirl in case it wasn't my thing. I was a little apprehensive given the mixed reviews here and me only ever using an adjustable, but I gotta say, it gave me a fantastic shave ... certainly equal to the FB if not a little better. In the interest of science, I used my daily driver prep/cream/alum/balm (Gillette Platinum & Proraso)

I find the Heritage to be on the mild side, but still a good razor. The head is made by Muhle and is well done. I switched my Heritage handle to an old type head, which has an open comb and suits me better.
20221014_090255.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a few months in as a DE shaver, and have been using a Fatboy exclusively and decided to get a Heritage for travel. I have a trip coming up so thought I'd give it a whirl in case it wasn't my thing. I was a little apprehensive given the mixed reviews here and me only ever using an adjustable, but I gotta say, it gave me a fantastic shave ... certainly equal to the FB if not a little better. In the interest of science, I used my daily driver prep/cream/alum/balm (Gillette Platinum & Proraso

Glad to hear that the Heritage worked for you. During my 5+ year wet shaving journey, I've never regretted trying new razors. After starting with DEs, I then tried DE open combs and DE adjustables. Next, were Schick vintage injectors. Most recently, vintage SEs such as GEM/Star/Ever Ready. Right now, my go to razors are the GEMs, etc., but I still use the Schicks from time to time. My collection of DEs are mostly resting now.

Top Bottom