What's new

Gillette Handle Identification

I'm trying to find out which Gillette this belongs to. It appears to be a version of a Tuckaway -- classic tuckaway bottom, but fully knurled instead of diamond knurled. It is claimed to be part of a New DeLuxe razor. I can't find one on Mr-Razor's site.
s-l1600.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Chopped down Old Type or New barrel with the Tucky ends is my guess ... never seen one before, that's why I think it's homemade. Maybe the original cracked too badly to use.

Not saying I've seen every Gillette razor ever but, every Gillette I've ever seen with a diamond knurled end has had a matching diamond knurled handle. I wonder if this is a Franken-razor handle of sorts. Is that diamond knurled end piece removable?

I've never seen one either. But it looks like something Gillette might produced. The chopped down replacement barrel is also very possible.

There was a seller on eBay who was selling a number of razors with modified handles.
Not sure if this is the case here, but I have seen them...

R

romsitsa

Tuckaway handles are thicker than Old types, so I have a very bad feeling. The pattern of the knurling makes me think it's a Big boy handle cut down...

Adam

Top Bottom