What's new

Gillette 'Half Packet'

Hi

I live in New Zealand and recently visited a local antique store. There I came across five wrapped packets of Gillette 'Blue' blades that are 'Half Packets'. I've attached some photos of these to see if anyone has any idea when they may have been made and (most importantly!) how many blades make up a 'Half Packet'? As you can see, each of the five packets I bought have a white 'NZ' indicator on the back of the pack, so I'm assuming that these might have been specifically made for the New Zealand market. The white letters are on the box itself, not the cello wrapping. I've done a fair bit of online research about these 'Half Packets' but can find nothing, so any information would be gratefully received. Thank you!

John
Gillette Packet 2.jpgGillette Packet 3.jpgGillette Packet 1.jpg

I seem to recall the Gillette blades I used to buy in NZ in the late 80s/early 90s (when supermarkets still sold them) were in packs of 10. Could a half packet have been a tuck of 5? I remember the NOS plastic handled tech my dad gave me came with 5 blades, but that was from the 70s.

The blades you have appear to be older than me, so take my suggestion with a pinch of salt, deep fried in batter.

I’m interested to learn the answer. I’ll be following this thread. I’m sure someone will be along soon to educate us.

Top Bottom