What's new

Gillette Guard

I am really enjoying this Gillette Guard. They weigh about 8grams with a hollow plastic handle. Mine has 20grams of fishing line sinker lead encased within the handle bringing it up to 28grams. Would like to hear what others think of this mostly sold in India Gillette SE?
Gillette Guard:TOBS Jermyne St Coll.jpg

It is a very smooth and capable razor. I have used it on vacation in the past. My eldest son has been using this razor ever since he started shaving almost ten years ago. Price is right, too.
Doesn’t shave too close, but definitely doesn’t bite or irritate the skin. Great razor for a everyday shaver.

I couldn’t get a very close shave with it. Socially acceptable maybe. About enough to knock the whiskers from being too long to short enough to seem like I shaved. I always seem to try to get a bit closer with it and cause damage to my skin from WAY too much pressure. It will cause weepers if you push hard enough… If I need a no nonsense, “just get the bristle down enough so I can go to work and wear my N95 without risking something bypassing the mask” shave, this will do a good enough job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really enjoying this Gillette Guard. They weigh about 8grams with a hollow plastic handle. Mine has 20grams of fishing line sinker lead encased within the handle bringing it up to 28grams. Would like to hear what others think of this mostly sold in India Gillette SE?View attachment 1331767
Was that your idea to add weight to the handle? That’s very clever. I’ve seen this razor pop up a few times and have heard good things about it. It seems like it would be amazing at removing heavy growth. They seem to last quite a while for a disposable also. It’s an interesting product considering it was developed seemingly for a single, albeit massive, market.

I had been wet shaving with a DE for about 11 years when I tried the Guard on a whim in 2019. The shaves it gives me are incredible - close with zero irritation. I get around 6/7 shaves per cartridge. It got me into SE shaving and I bought a vintage Schick Injector and a Broman - but neither give me as good a shave as a Guard. I have stockpiled around 150 carts after finding a UK seller on eBay - not something I have ever done before. It just works for me!

I've found I love the Gillette Guard - it gives me a wonderful one pass shave with no hassle. Aces! Think I will order more so I have a stockpile. (It's even as good as my Schick Hydro 5 - and with only one blade my skin thanks me)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’ll be sure to follow up with my thoughts. I think I’m still too new to send/receive messages but I’m happy to pif one to you once they land. I certainly don’t need 5.
You are too kind. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for your thoughts!

I have found that I really enjoy the Gillette Guard.
It is the ultimate travel razor.
It shaves as close or closer than any of my favorite razors, and I have some very good ones (Vintage Schick Injectors, GEMs, Double Edges, Sensor) but it does so effortlessly.

Where I’ve found it to beat everything else is in shaving my head. The Guard is the best for head shaving I’ve found. My previous favorite was the Schick Extreme 3. The flexible blades seem the hug the contour of the scalp, but the blades do have a tendency to clog, so it requires more rinsing. Before that, it was my vintage Sensor, but blades are too costly. My vintage injectors are too rigid and don’t pivot, so knicks.

The Guard is a single blade, so no irritation. It is also wide open, so no clogging whatsoever. It has very nice and functional blade guards, and it pivots! It gives me the best, closest, quickest, and safest head shave I’ve found. It is also equal to my beloved Injectors on my face.

It is really good, and I would recommend everyone try one. They are available from Mag’s at a good price.

If only there was a nicer and weightier handle. Anyone know of any?

Good shaving!

I have found that I really enjoy the Gillette Guard.
It is the ultimate travel razor.
It shaves as close or closer than any of my favorite razors, and I have some very good ones (Vintage Schick Injectors, GEMs, Double Edges, Sensor) but it does so effortlessly.

Where I’ve found it to beat everything else is in shaving my head. The Guard is the best for head shaving I’ve found. My previous favorite was the Schick Extreme 3. The flexible blades seem the hug the contour of the scalp, but the blades do have a tendency to clog, so it requires more rinsing. Before that, it was my vintage Sensor, but blades are too costly. My vintage injectors are too rigid and don’t pivot, so knicks.

The Guard is a single blade, so no irritation. It is also wide open, so no clogging whatsoever. It has very nice and functional blade guards, and it pivots! It gives me the best, closest, quickest, and safest head shave I’ve found. It is also equal to my beloved Injectors on my face.

It is really good, and I would recommend everyone try one. They are available from Mag’s at a good price.

If only there was a nicer and weightier handle. Anyone know of any?

Good shaving!
I always used the Extreme III for my head, daily shaving for many, many moons. I find that slightly different versions sold in different countries last longer than others.

Anyway, I tried the Guard last night and you're right, very easy, very close. Maybe I somehow pushed a little hard and my head felt a little sensitive after. I was going to bulk buy blades from ebay but then I remembered I have a Supply SE heading my way, and I think I want to try that first.

Thanks for the tip about the Guard head shaving.

I always used the Extreme III for my head, daily shaving for many, many moons. I find that slightly different versions sold in different countries last longer than others.

Anyway, I tried the Guard last night and you're right, very easy, very close. Maybe I somehow pushed a little hard and my head felt a little sensitive after. I was going to bulk buy blades from ebay but then I remembered I have a Supply SE heading my way, and I think I want to try that first.

Thanks for the tip about the Guard head shaving.
I’m glad it worked for you! It gives a very close shave… but so does the Extreme 3x and the flexible blades contours well to the head.

I would have thought the E3 would be faster than the Guard, but I believe the Guard is the fastest, most efficient razor I’ve tried.

My Schick injector single blades are not very forgiving on my head, so be careful and don’t press, or you may fillet. They are great, however, on my face.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback, and it’s nice to know that we’ve had similar experiences!

Happy shaving! 🙂

I’m glad it worked for you! It gives a very close shave… but so does the Extreme 3x and the flexible blades contours well to the head.

I would have thought the E3 would be faster than the Guard, but I believe the Guard is the fastest, most efficient razor I’ve tried.

My Schick injector single blades are not very forgiving on my head, so be careful and don’t press, or you may fillet. They are great, however, on my face.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback, and it’s nice to know that we’ve had similar experiences!

Happy shaving! 🙂

I've had a few more shaves and I really like the Guard on my head. Bought that 100 blades from Ebay anyway, they should last a long time!

Happy shaving to you too :adoration:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The only cart I keep stocked. It’s my backup razor. When I use a blade that sucks and have to swap it out I reach for the guard to finish the shave. Give me a Gillette Guard and a can of Barbasol and I can shave happily for the rest of my life.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The only cart I keep stocked. It’s my backup razor. When I use a blade that sucks and have to swap it out I reach for the guard to finish the shave. Give me a Gillette Guard and a can of Barbasol and I can shave happily for the rest of my life.
High praise!

And thanks a lot. Now I HAVE to try some!

Top Bottom