What's new

Gillette G1000 Vs Feather Popular First Use & Thoughts (Head Shave)

hey so thought i'd use the NOS Gillette G1000 and a brand new Feather Popular which i had to hand

as i dont shave as much as i'd like, so sometimes i use two razors within the same head shave

so both are TTO razors and i loaded with two brand new feather de blades,
used coconut oil preshave and a nivea shaving stick with a yaqi synthetic

from the first stroke i knew both of these are mild raozrs but i'd say that the feather popular is slightly more efficient then the gillette g1000 and both have got nice long handles and are lightweight

it was a quick easy and quick shave, althouh one thing i'd say is that the feather popular does have a bit of blade chatter and that resulted me in getting the a bit of a bad nick,
ive not had a nick like that in many years and tbf that was my fault as i was going over a scar,
so i usually slow down when going over it but i forgot and was rushing a bit

that nick happened with the feather popular and i do think the blade chatter played a part but no im not blaming the razor as i had a lapse of concentration and couldve easily avoided it, so my fault

i actually like these two razors, i thinkthe gillette g1000 clamps the razor down better but then the feather popular shaves more efficently

btw like the case the father popular comes in, could be handy for travelling but a little on the big side

i could see these being a good razor for newbies to wet shaving or transitioning

IMG_20221003_192013.jpg

With me it is the other way round. I get BBS with the G1000. Impossible with the Popular. Same cream and blades.

As for longevity, the G1000 are hands down the winner. Their metal parts are brass and they are built like tanks. Not the case with the Feather Popular. When I tighten strongly the Feather the plastic guards bend with the middle part protruding more than the ends, what we call a "frown". That "frown" is of course transferred to the blade.

With me it is the other way round. I get BBS with the G1000. Impossible with the Popular. Same cream and blades.

As for longevity, the G1000 are hands down the winner. Their metal parts are brass and they are built like tanks. Not the case with the Feather Popular. When I tighten strongly the Feather the plastic guards bend with the middle part protruding more than the ends, what we call a "frown". That "frown" is of course transferred to the blade.
I used to have the same problem with my Feather Popular with the safety bar bowing. But I fixed it by not over-tightening it.

Top Bottom