What's new

Gillette Fusion Power handles

I get great results with Gillette Fusion Power, but the plastic handles on mine are showing their age. I would spend the money on a higher-quality beautiful handle, and I see some Fusion-compatible ones out there, but none with the vibrating “Power” feature. Anybody know of any?

Look at the Art of Shaving, Lexington, Power razor. Make sure you look at the LEXINGTON model only if you want the, flex-ball, feature. I think the razor is really nice looking. And, you can get a matching stand & brush from Art of Shaving. IMO they are pricey, but they are quality pieces. I wish they made the razor in a Mach3.
Best regards,
Ron

I'll echo @lancelot in saying that if you want a quality handle, The Art of Shaving is a good place to go to drop some serious money. Their razor handles are built to take the Gillette Mach 3 and Fusion cartridges, but really, since switching to the safety razors due to budgetary concerns, I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth it to stick with the Gillette handles. I'll hang on to the Fusion handle and my Proglide styler set because I don't want to feel I've wasted my money on those, and I may get the yellow Fusion cartridges again in future if I'm traveling, but I'm basically done with those.

shaved with my Art of Shaving flexball and gillette fusion cartridge yesterday, worked great!

art of shaving oud ever-ready gillette fusion bourbon amber october 3 2018.jpg

shaved with my Art of Shaving flexball and gillette fusion cartridge yesterday, worked great!

View attachment 917415

This is a quality piece of gear. It is an AoS product that is worth the money in the manual version, and not quite a hold up in the power version; although I think $50 is too much an upcharge for the difference. Sometimes you can catch a deal from independent dealers.

Ron

This is a quality piece of gear. It is an AoS product that is worth the money in the manual version, and not quite a hold up in the power version; although I think $50 is too much an upcharge for the difference. Sometimes you can catch a deal from independent dealers.

Ron

Indeed, Sir Ron, the manual razor works great! Have never tried the power version, so no opinion there.
Using this while my 'shave den' is in total disarray!

Cheers!

IMG_2923.jpg

Top Bottom