What's new

Gillette foamy regular shave foam

I don't believe that canned foam can be "cheap". My shaving brush is about USD 2 and should last 5 to 10 years or more. My ARKO stick also cost me USD 2 and that lasts me abou 150 three-pass shaves.

I haven't bought a can of foam for many decades so I have no idea what they cost now nor how many shaves they are good for.
Gillette regular is 2.49€ in big market. i can weight my bottle next time to see how much it loses stuff/shave. (if i remember)

I just went to do the test straight, so no need to wait. I weighted my bottle of gillette regular, it was 251Grams. i spruitted 3 times (from the picture you will see how much each spruit) And weighted my bottle again, it ended down to 250grams.

So about 1gram +-20% is lost ewery shave...

Attachments

• IMG_20210918_115905637.jpg
    IMG_20210918_115905637.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 5
Sorry if this has been asked, but I bought both the cans and I see no difference in the ingredients last I looked. Is the only thing that makes the green one sensitive if the scent? Lol

no answears yet, but can you link those ingredients lists? it might be the thing, just the scent. I have not tryed sensitive yet...

They all use propane to release the foam, so if you actually have sensitive skin none of them is any good.

Some brands include lanolin in their “sensitive” formulas, or have virtually no scent.

Gillette foamy works well on the rare occasions when I want a quick 5 minute DE shave. Keep a can of it and one of Barbasol for those occasions. At 99 cents on sale (this was just before Covid hit) the full size can was the same price as Williams so was inexpensive. My first five years of shaving, before I went electric, were DE with a Gillette super adjustable and canned foam that worked well. Don't use canned foam often as I enjoy using brush and soap but from a pure shaving effectiveness perspective foam does work for those that prefer it.

They all use propane to release the foam, so if you actually have sensitive skin none of them is any good.

Some brands include lanolin in their “sensitive” formulas, or have virtually no scent.
Don't know if it's the propane but Gillette Foamy makes my skin really dry. I do better with Schick or Nivea shaving gel.

Top Bottom