What's new

Gillette foamy regular shave foam

Been trying this stuff for a little bit. Love the strong scent to it, before and after you shave. Good for quick shaves, doesn't leave the skin dry here. It also comes in sensitive, but I prefer the regular due to the scent. Cheap cost. I spread it with my brushes sometimes, find it's easier applying it with hands though. Old school works sometimes depending on your skin I guess. I sometimes use the proraso aftershave.

Attachments

• 1544792049456-909363363.jpg
    1544792049456-909363363.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 46
This was my main shave cream before I got deep into shaving brushes, soaps, etc. I always preferred it to the other foams on the market. These days, I normally use a brush and soap or cream. But if I'm in a real hurry, I seem to have decent results with Aveeno gel. A lot of folks speak highly of Barbasol foam, but I find it too drying - even the yellow version.

- Greenhouse

I tried the barbasol foam with aloe. Great shave but not strong enough scent for me. I heard good things about barbasol with aloe on here, it wasn't for me. As of shaving gels in general I just can't stand them anymore for whatever reason. Not saying Aveeno isn't a good shaving product.

I found the gillette foamy sensitive, which I don't like to much anymore and don't use it. And the barbasol foam with aloe is all gone, I did use that all up, can't put up pic of that because the can is in the garbage!

Attachments

• 1544799133174345645994.jpg
    1544799133174345645994.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 28
Well I go through this stuff by the can. So I can't be spending too much money, like say proraso shaving foam, as foam I prefer. Gillette foamy regular seems to be the right fit for me for the time being. And sensitive skin gillette just doesn't have the scent that I like. So is this quick shave like fast food, no it's not. My face I take time and effort to stay Nick free, as for soaps and creams I like them, it's just not for me most of the time. I do have soaps and creams if I choose to use them, but use them rarely now, not never.

Whatever works is just fine!! :a14::a14:

(I cannot comment other than that as it has been a long time since I used canned ‘goo!’)

I like Gillette Foamy canned shave cream. I like Barbasol too. Regular for both is what I like the most (best scent). I used to use Colgate many years ago. Haven't been able to find it in years. Canned shaving cream is available everywhere and fairly inexpensive too. That is another reason to like it.

I tried the barbasol foam with aloe. Great shave but not strong enough scent for me. I heard good things about barbasol with aloe on here, it wasn't for me. As of shaving gels in general I just can't stand them anymore for whatever reason. Not saying Aveeno isn't a good shaving product.

Totally agree. I loved both barbasol aloe and regular gillette. My two favorite foams by far. Never liked any brand of gel and i tried all of them. I love using a brush and soap but either of those foams work just as well for me.

Couldn't agree more. There is always change sometimes. Just for me at this time I'm happy with what I'm using. Seems to be working for me. I'm looking forward to a new de razor to add to my collection as well.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
When I was using aerosol cans, I preferred gel. Foam never seemed to lubricate the skin as well as a gel for me for some reason

Yup, the little red cans of the original formula foam are what I will still occasionally use when DE shaving isn't practical (e.g. backpack camping) and to be fair it works like a charm. Agree the scent is nice and to be fair performance is decent.

When I was using aerosol cans, I preferred gel. Foam never seemed to lubricate the skin as well as a gel for me for some reason
Interesting. I've tried various gels over the years and I always had the opposite results. Found they dried on my skin quicker than the foam and I'd get these patchy spots where the gel turned into froth before I was able to finish my shave.

Canned foam is working well for some of my shaves too. I do it again for the sake of variety and the quick cleanup and time saving factor. It’s true that perhaps there’s not the hydration that a proper soap or cream applied with a brush offers. But it’s faster and easy.
Barbasol Sensitive has worked well for me... With a Tech and a fresh Gillette Yellow it’s great. Recently I purchased some Gillette Foamy menthol and Barbasol Pacific Rush. They’re good too. The Barbasol has caffeine added to it! Not sure of the reason for that! Smells nice.... oh well. ...

Razorhead

I just can't use it anymore. I did for years and years. I realized the problem when I tried high quality shaving soap. My hair requires a buffing technique to mow down, and the tendency to shave over the same place creates irritation with all but the slickest of soaps. Traditional 3 pass shaving just won't do it. With canned foam I end up tearing up my skin.

Nothing wrong with canned foam,I have been using it for my daily five minute four pass DE shave since 1980 and always getting super BBS and irritation free shaves.
Never understood the "betterness" of brush/soap/cream.I didn't even knew that people still used them until the "internets".

Canned foam was used by the vast majority of men in the fifties, sixties and seventies when everyone still shaved with DE razors and nobody complained back then .
The whole "drying your face" thing is a myth of the "internets" :001_302: since they are exactly what " traditional" means of lubrication are:just soap.

Nothing wrong with canned foam,I have been using it for my daily five minute four pass DE shave since 1980 and always getting super BBS and irritation free shaves.
Never understood the "betterness" of brush/soap/cream.I didn't even knew that people still used them until the "internets".

Canned foam was used by the vast majority of men in the fifties, sixties and seventies when everyone still shaved with DE razors and nobody complained back then .
The whole "drying your face" thing is a myth of the "internets" :001_302: since they are exactly what " traditional" means of lubrication are:just soap.
I agree whole heartedly! Nothing wrong with canned shaving foam or cream. Or gel for that matter (if it works for you)!

Im a big fan of Gillette Foamy. IMO, its slicker than Barbasol. Theres nothing wrong with canned foam. Its cheap and it works. Ive never used the Gillette Foamy Sensitive but I have used the Original and the Barbershop Fresh and both are great, IMO.
Honestly, I think that when my stock of soaps is gone, Im going to just used canned foam from now on. Im trying to transition to a simpler, more minimalistic life and part of that for me is cutting out things that I dont need, like fancy soaps and brushes.

Good way to save money. I do still use soaps and creams and will continue to buy them although, I like change in fragrance. I have to say for what I use gillette original for, it works to get rid of that nasty body odor we have.

Top Bottom