What's new

Gillette Fatboys

Wanted to share a couple of special razors from my collection. A 1959 Gillette fatboy E1 restored in 24k gold by Chris Spencer from Back Roads Gold and a 1958 Gillette fatboy D4 also restored by Chris in Nickel. Chris does excellent work for a fair price so if you want a vintage razor restored check out his Etsy Store!

Attachments

• 20210920_181015.jpg
    20210920_181015.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210920_190344.jpg
    20210920_190344.jpg
    764.8 KB · Views: 56

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Those are very fine Specimens! How did you acquire those??

Back a few years ago there was quite a long period when I was really taken by the Fatty, and was looking for them everywhere like a hawk. I was actually able to score more than two in this absolutely pristine condition, although it wasn't cheap at all, as you can understand, but now I have a collection I can brag about. :)

Here's a little Fat Boy pride parade:

Fat Boy Pride.jpg

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
@DBshaves

BTW, among those five fatties, there is one that is unlike any other I have seen. Actually through all those years, I've only seen one like that. It is a Fatty with all the documents in French, intended for the French market, I wonder how rare it really is.

@DBshaves

BTW, among those five fatties, there is one that is unlike any other I have seen. Actually through all those years, I've only seen one like that. It is a Fatty with all the documents in French, intended for the French market, I wonder how rare it really is.
Oh wow that is awesome! I would imagine it's pretty uncommon most of the ones I've seen online all the documents are in English

Wanted to share a couple of special razors from my collection. A 1959 Gillette fatboy E1 restored in 24k gold by Chris Spencer from Back Roads Gold and a 1958 Gillette fatboy D4 also restored by Chris in Nickel. Chris does excellent work for a fair price so if you want a vintage razor restored check out his Etsy Store!
Chris Spencer you do AMAZING work and I will be sending you more razors in the new year!

Top Bottom