What's new

Gillette Fatboy - What is your favorite setting and Blade

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Around 5 with a Polsilver

full

Reactions: EDC
I'm a #5 with a Voskhod or lately, I have been using Tiger Premium Stainless blades and they are really nice.

They might move up to one of very few I purchase in bulk (Astra SP and Voskhod are the others)

Wide open at setting #9 for me, whether it's Toggle, Fat Boy, Slim, Super 84 or Super 109 - and I know, 9 on a Super Adjustable is an 8 on the older models, but it's as far as it goes. Blade used to be Voskhod, or perhaps a Gillette Permasharp Stainless, but lately I've switched to an amazing blade, the Silver Star from Egypt (Lord, I think).

Here's a comment from the League of Extremely Mild Shavers... I set my Fatboy at 2 and use a Feather blade. Works great for me when i Use a DE. I always end up with an extremely good, close shave. My normal/go to razors are straights. They are even milder on my face and neck.

Really enjoying this thread!

Wow this is so incredible how many people like different settings.

Really makes the case for Gillette back in the day to push adjustable razors.

Everyone gets there own personalized shave

I don't have a set setting, it basically depends on the flavor of blade Ive chosen for the month....if a blade is not as sharp as a Feather/Kai I tend to crank it up around 7 to 9....if its a Feather/Kai sharpness I dial it down to 3 to 1. I let the weepers tell me to dial it down a click or 2 no matter what blade I'm using.

Larry

Wide open at setting #9 for me, whether it's Toggle, Fat Boy, Slim, Super 84 or Super 109 - and I know, 9 on a Super Adjustable is an 8 on the older models, but it's as far as it goes. Blade used to be Voskhod, or perhaps a Gillette Permasharp Stainless, but lately I've switched to an amazing blade, the Silver Star from Egypt (Lord, I think).
Ive been using the Lord SS blades and liking them alot. Had my first DFS with no weepers yesterday.

With a few days growth I'll start at 7 and knock it down to 5 for the second pass. I use Personna Reds in all my razors.

Top Bottom