What's new

Gillette Fatboy/Slim stupid expensive?

I admit I took some time off from this site to avoid buying anything and use up a lot of products that I had accumulated.

But did I miss something? When did a Gillette Fatboy go up to $200? You used to be able to buy them in excellent condition for $30... Now the cheapest ones I've found that look to be user grades are $50-100.

And to boot, the Slim adjustables are better priced, but not by much. They are in the $50-100 range for an excellent conditioned razor.

What did I miss? Did someone destroy 90% of the worlds vintage adjustables to create such a supply and demand?

A fat boy has not been $30 in ages... $50-55 gets you a loose one, maybe $15-20 more for a really clean loose one, keep going from there for cases, paperwork, etc...

Where in the world are you getting those prices?

eBay. Its crazy. The $200 one is in extremely good condition with the case which is also in extremely good condition. But still. I was looking to pick up a vintage adjustable, as I've never used one, and when I looked at the prices my jaw just about hit the keyboard.
:scared:

Last edited:
A fat boy has not been $30 in ages... $50-55 gets you a loose one, maybe $15-20 more for a really clean loose one, keep going from there for cases, paperwork, etc...

I haven't look for either of the 2 in about 4-5 years. Vintage wasn't really my thing. I like my items to be well kept and its hard to find in a 50 year old razor.

I've heard a lot of people mention that the prices get out of hand on the fatboys, especially lately. People just seem to want em really bad...I'm certainly not much help with the high prices, as far as the B&B consumer population is concerned:blush:

Took me awhile to find a pristine F3 and yes the price was high but it's what I wanted and was comfortable paying, sellers I believe know what are in demand and are cashing in on that demand, kind of like ammo reloading supplies.

Last edited:
Around January this year, I picked up a 1959 Gillette Fatboy with its case for $25 and a 1962 Gillette Slim Adjustable for $20 here in the BST section. I already had a 1958 Gillette Fatboy from last October, when I found it in the wild at an antique shop for $17. They also had 10% off that price since there was a sale, but still... I was ecstatic.

Just post in the BST section, and I'm sure you'll find a Fatboy razor for a reasonable price that both you and the seller will be comfortable with. :)

Not all of them are overpriced. I bought a near mint cased FB off eBay in the past year for 50 bucks. Recently, I have bought 3 Slims for $8, $23, and $30.

Got my excellent Slim for $46 on eBay and my equally good Fatboy on Etsy for $50. The Fatboy deal was a couple weeks ago.

Admittedly, I got lucky on the Fatboy.

Then I got a $15 Krona that shaves just as well, maybe better, than either of them...

I paid both my slims about $40-50. one was on ebay and the other on bst quite happy with the both of them. They were not mint but reasonably good condition.

I admit I took some time off from this site to avoid buying anything and use up a lot of products that I had accumulated.

But did I miss something? When did a Gillette Fatboy go up to $200? You used to be able to buy them in excellent condition for $30... Now the cheapest ones I've found that look to be user grades are $50-100.

And to boot, the Slim adjustables are better priced, but not by much. They are in the $50-100 range for an excellent conditioned razor.

What did I miss? Did someone destroy 90% of the worlds vintage adjustables to create such a supply and demand?

Post a BST WTB for one.

Top Bottom