What's new

Gillette Fatboy Mint Set 1960 F-1

Hi Guys,
Just got this set off of ebay. It required two purchases to complete. I am very happy! Got the hard stuff to find from Robert M.(72plysatellite).Many thanks to him for finding and keeping it so nice!

$s-l1600-a.jpg$s-l1600-b.jpg$s-l1600-c.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302007836361?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152165533875?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Nice. I just got a Fatboy at the flea market, of all places. $7.50, and it cleaned up real nice. Not as nice as yours though.

Wow, impressing marketing (reading the enclosed letter)! No wonder they have made and sold millions...
The letter is the most valuable part of that set. Enjoy!

Nice collection, I do have to admit I no longer feel guilty paying $54 for my NOS Slim, but looks like I'll be shelling $400 on Wolfman razors pretty soon..... I guess I caught the RAD fever :(

the funny part is, those razors I believe are razor emporium revamps. No offense, buy what you want. But for the price the op payed for the razor itself, he could have gotten a service notch with original case and original blades with shipping included.

There are two sets, one without a razor and one without a case. In the second set, the razor I got was the nicest I could find that was a date match for the letter in the first set. In the hard-to-find set (without the razor), the case is "original" and blades are also "original", are sealed in cellophane with the correct instructions for the date. In the second set (with the razor), the Wilkinson blades I'm going to use up and will not go into my collection. The description that comes with the second set (with the razor) say the razor still has the original paint and minor scratches on the silo doors. To me this does not indicate a Razor Emporium Revamp. Maybe $138 was a high price for the second set, but I wanted a complete F-1 Mint set - now - and some times you have to pay a little extra to get what you want when you want it. I wasn't willing to wait around, hunting for weeks to find another F-1 as nice and maybe save $50. Sometimes you just pay the man what he wants and you are both happy and good karma is all around. Once I use up or throw away the Wilkinson blades and combine the two sets, it will be a nice, complete, matching, original, date correct, mint set worthy of any serious or beginning collector. No really, it's all good. Drink's all around!

Last edited:
Top Bottom