What's new

Gillette Fatboy F-1 Restoration Video

This is my first attempt to restoring the legendary Fatboy. I learned a great deal from this community and enjoyed every single minute of this project. One must truly appreciate the engineering and craftsmanship went into making this razor. Shaving with it is a joy. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Wow you went all out on your first attempt. Was that just a polishing wheel on the dremel? Any polishing paste? I’ve got a dremel that I haven’t found a real use for yet. Perhaps cleaning up my razors would be a good use for it.

I know, I wanted to do it properly. Yes, it was a Dremel and used Flitz polishing paste because it was non-abrasive. I wanted to preserve as much of the original plating as possible. The Dremel RPM was set to 5 mostly and rare cases 10 on areas that had deep scratches and rusts. You also want to use it with soft pressure for obvious reasons.

Wow you went all out on your first attempt. Was that just a polishing wheel on the dremel? Any polishing paste? I’ve got a dremel that I haven’t found a real use for yet. Perhaps cleaning up my razors would be a good use for it.

Top Bottom