What's new

Gillette fat boy

I was fortunate enough to find a 1956 red tip as well for $6. I haven't used it yet. I really have enjoyed these as I said I have several. It is fun to clean and disinfect them. Then try them. kind of therapeutic after a long day. Didn't realize how addictive it would be. I will post some pics of a few of them later.

I was fortunate enough to find a 1956 red tip as well for $6. I haven't used it yet. I really have enjoyed these as I said I have several. It is fun to clean and disinfect them. Then try them. kind of therapeutic after a long day. Didn't realize how addictive it would be. I will post some pics of a few of them later.
You're falling victim to the dreaded RAD. When I come in from the mailbox with three or four boxes in my hands, my wife just rolls her eyes. The Gillette Open Comb was a little grungy, but for $8.00 I took a chance. A little Maas, and it polished up nicely. Same with the brass OC. The head was $5.00. I put it on an orphan Tech fat handle. Both are great shavers. Funny, but it seems that the closer I get to the dawn of safety razors, the better shavers I find. After that, I splurged and picked up the 1959 Fatboy for $60.00 off Etsy.

s-l1600.jpg 20170716_131400.jpg

I've been sending my Fatboy to Delta Echo for a recoating, havent even try to shave with one yet, the waiting is killing me...

strop

Now half as wise

The Fatboy is one of my most used razors, but the Red Tip can give it a run for the money.

Top Bottom