What's new

Gillette Fat Boy: Go Big or Go Home! First Time on 9

My first ever Gillette Fat Boy came in the mail today in beautiful condition. It's an E4 from 1959 with out any brassing and a lustrous shine from its original nickel plating. After some minor cleaning and a sterilizing bath in rubbing alcohol it was shave ready. After a long 11 hour work day and 3 days of growth it was time for a well deserved shave.

I face-lathered some Mr. Taylor's shaving cream with my Omega 80266, and loaded my razor with a Shark Super Stainless blade. I did two strokes on 5 before getting brave. I cranked that bad boy up to 9 and went to work! Let me tell you that all of the hype is completely justified. Hands down the best razor I have ever used. With a two pass shave (WTG & XTG) I got nearly a BBS with total comfort and zero irritation. As for blood loss, barely a scratch. I had a few tiny pimples hiding under the stubble on my neck that would have been nicked by a razor as mild as a Tech.

Hands down the best razor and smoothest, closest, most comfortable 2 pass shave I have ever experienced. I think I found my new prized possession! (At least for shaving)

Last edited:
Congrats on your success!!

To me the Fat Boy is not only fun to use, it is rather versatile. It can not only knock'em down on 9, it can be dialed lower for a light touch up before going out and everything in between.:thumbup1:

Congrats! Unfortunately, despite all my best efforts, I still haven't gotten my FB to give me a satisfactory shave. Glad it's worked for you!

Top Bottom