What's new

Gillette Double Ring

I came across a Double Ring which has it's handle separated from the head and I was wondering if that's a common issue and is it repairable or not. I haven't bought it and I'm not sure if its worth $60 or not.

6632170_4_1666450793423432.jpg
54353534543534.jpg

Are you sure that's a Double Ring. Maybe a Luna or other German clone. The teeth look too long for a Double Ring.

That did came to my mind, but I wasn't 100% sure and I didn't wanted to look goofy asking this question :D, but now that you mention it, I have serious doubts about this razor.

That did came to my mind, but I wasn't 100% sure and I didn't wanted to look goofy asking this question :D, but now that you mention it, I have serious doubts about this razor.
The head of a Double Ring looks pretty much as the head of a Single Ring. The Luna has a more flat head without a curvature... Does it have any serial number?

The head of a Double Ring looks pretty much as the head of a Single Ring. The Luna has a more flat head without a curvature... Does it have any serial number?

I don't know, I just saw this razor on a local auction website for antiques and found it odd that the whole handle comes off and I also had my doubts whatever that's a Double Ring or a clone. In any case, I think $60 is too much for that razor. Maybe if it was a genuine Double Ring, I would have pulled the trigger, but I have very little interest for vintage razors outside Gillette. Thank you for the information.

R

romsitsa

Depending on how deep the crimp is it is a rather easy repair. worst case you have to make a new crimp from a 6 mm (or 7 mm) brass tube.

Top Bottom