What's new

Gillette Diplomat First Use

About ten years ago, i bought this Gillette Diplomat in mint condition but never used it until today. Sincerely i regret i didnt before. Its a very fine razor. Got a very close shave without comprimising anything. Paired with the Palmolive cream and a Gillette Yellow blade was a excelent performer. Won his place in the rotation inmediatly. Hope you like the picture.
proxy.php

Enviado desde mi SM-G973F mediante Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Nice razor. I am just amazed, and a little sad, that someone would buy anything including a razor, in mint condition or any other condition, and then not use it for ten years. 👍

I have a Diplomat that belonged to my Godfathers father, I received it in 2012 , but I have yet to use it perhaps I will give it a go sometime soon. .

Nice razor. I am just amazed, and a little sad, that someone would buy anything including a razor, in mint condition or any other condition, and then not use it for ten years. 👍
I totally agree with that. I just bought a mint condition diplomat 1955 at a thrift shop with the original case and the original unopened package of blue blades. I bought it three days ago and I’ve already started using it. I can’t understand not using such great tools. By the way, it gives a great shave and I’m sure I will use it often.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
What makes that a Diplomat? :confused1 Date code?
I know the OP hasn't been on B&B for over 2 years.
But I wonder, has he figured out it's an Aristocrat yet?

What makes that a Diplomat? :confused1 Date code?
I know the OP hasn't been on B&B for over 2 years.
But I wonder, has he figured out it's an Aristocrat yet?
Oh good. I forget lots of stuff, and razors can be tough to catalogue in my brain sometimes, but sheesh, Im thinking Aristocrat all through this. But, then there is a niggling doubt saying wt……?

It looks like an aristocrat to me Also. If it was a diplomat, the entire handle would be knurled. Including the upper and lower bands.

Diplomat on the left, Aristocrat on the right. Note the difference in knurling on the collar of the tto knob.
IMG_6103.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom