What's new

Gillette cool wave is underrated

I always have a bottle on hand. I enjoy the scent and the way it makes my skin feel after dry down.

If you ask me, it is actually a bit overrated. But the one we have here in Europe is made in France and at least half of the ingredients are different to the CoolWave sold in the US.
I use it sometimes, but I'd rather take any Adidas, STR8, Denim, Nivea, or Axe.

I enjoy mine didn't think about drakkar til I looked up that lomani pour homme. I added a bunch of menthol crystals to mine.

I like it, along with that of Artic Ice (much harder to find). Both scents are very reminiscent of the 90s.

Plus you get so much longevity out of it, it really should have been branded as a cologne splah.

I sniffed some at the drugstore and … meh 😕… to me it smells like any modern deodorant. Not for me!
I had the same reaction in the store when SWMBO sniffed it, but when I wear it it has a different scent. SWMBO thinks it has a clean, soapy vibe that she likes, to me I smell citrus.

I had the same reaction in the store when SWMBO sniffed it, but when I wear it it has a different scent. SWMBO thinks it has a clean, soapy vibe that she likes, to me I smell citrus.

thanks. It does sound interesting and the cost is quite affordable. I might give it a try. Worst case I can give it to my younger brother in law

The Cool Wave AS has been discontinued, apparently.
I just grabbed a bottle from my local RiteAid because of this post and something is definitely going on with this product. I can't tell any difference, thankfully, ...it still seems/smells exactly the same to me and the ingredients are still the same, ...the box and labeling still looks mostly the same....but I immediately noticed that the cap of the smoky gray glass bottle is now blue instead of gray, which made me look more closely at the fine print.......and it's now made in Italy, when my previous 2 bottles were made in France.

Last edited:
IMO it smells like window washing liquid, and tbh window washing liquid is way better AS than Cool Wave. I was hoping for some cooling from it, but I got nothing.
Worst AS I ever tried
IMG_20221203_155034.jpg

This gel is also terible

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I purchased a bottle of Gillette cool wave about four years ago, and it's still half full because I only rarely use it. It's a bit too strong feeling on my face, and I prefer a milder AS like Clubman Pinaud.
I'm not saying it's not good stuff, just not in my top 5 of favorites.

Top Bottom