What's new

Gillette compares disposable cartridges to a straight razor on their website.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
dundee-3_1440x990.jpg

The advantages of Gillette cartridges over shaving with a survival knife.

If you regularly shave with a survival knife you might want to consider changing to cartridges.

Pros
Cartridge razors are lighter than survival knives.
Cartridges give a smoother shave than a survival knife.
Cartridges are made by elves who've been laid off from Santa's workshop, bringing employment to the North Pole
Every time you buy a cartridge we make more profits
One cartridge can be used to make five prison shanks

Cons
Cartridges cost so much we can't believe people are willing to pay that much money.
You can't defend yourself from a crocodile with a cartridge razor
Have you ever tried hunting with a cartridge razor?

Gillette says, "One Gillette blade equals about one month of shaves." Is this true? I used to change cartridges every week. Not knocking the Gillette system, but a MONTH?
They will last a month. You need to tolerate a skanky razor with a bit more tugging but it will last. It’s all about lower standards.

Cartridges can be an expensive way to shave or reasonable, all depending on how much you want to lower the bar.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
what @Rhody said, plus p&g needed to write down gillettes bookvalue by 8 billion usd two years ago. essentially they simply overpaid when they bought it.
they were imo mentally and verbally very gymnastic about the reasons in last years annual report, stating that, among other things (like changing grooming habits & more competitive market & fx-rates like devaluation relative to usd) that even covid impacted gillettes net sales...like covid impacted mens beard growth but not the beard growth their electrical shaving division (braun for men) or female epilators (venus brand for women) covers. so covid only impacted mens facial hair and even only those of wetshavers. let that sink in. that sounds a bit like desperation to my ears, therfor 'cartridge=sr' makes sense if you try to continue their path gymnastically.

imo they need to cover all bases and that leads to what rhody said in its destilled form.
Interesting how big companies can make billions in profits but then justify price increases. Inflation I tell you. Inflating profits🤪

Top Bottom