What's new

Gillette Case Restore (PIC HEAVY)

I think this looks great.

IMO it's better to save the case and preserve it in some form rather than let it continue to deteriorate. I wonder if you could carve a stamp and add the Gillette logo... or is that going too far?

Thanks, everyone, you are all too kind!

I think this looks great.

IMO it's better to save the case and preserve it in some form rather than let it continue to deteriorate. I wonder if you could carve a stamp and add the Gillette logo... or is that going too far?

The thought crossed my mind to put the logo on somehow, but I never took a minute to look into how to do that. Any ideas on how exactly that could be done?

$cat_its_beautiful.jpg

You have gone above and beyond sir.

Thanks, everyone, you are all too kind!

The thought crossed my mind to put the logo on somehow, but I never took a minute to look into how to do that. Any ideas on how exactly that could be done?

You made that awesome case, I hoped you would know!

I guess a decal of sime kind you could print up oin your own printer?

You made that awesome case, I hoped you would know!

I guess a decal of sime kind you could print up oin your own printer?

That could be a good start. I'm going to look into how to do custom imprints on leather.

Hello I know this is an old thread, but I'm about to receive a tattered case that need the same restore. I was wondering when you attached the material to the outer ring did you wrap the material over and under the ring or did you stop at the outer edge? Thank you for any information. I know it's an old thread but the only thread I've seen with this exact case I'm looking to restore.

R

romsitsa

Hello I know this is an old thread, but I'm about to receive a tattered case that need the same restore. I was wondering when you attached the material to the outer ring did you wrap the material over and under the ring or did you stop at the outer edge? Thank you for any information. I know it's an old thread but the only thread I've seen with this exact case I'm looking to restore.

Hello,

wrap the leather around the edge. If it's too thick to accept the metal liner, thin down the reverse of the leather with some sanding paper.

Leather can shrink over time, without folding over it could expose the uncovered edge.

Adam

I just wanted to thank the OP for putting this thread together. I was able to use his experience and note to refurbish my case

Here is my case that I just finished today in horse leather

EB87B0A3-53E5-455C-93FF-FC9C509399E7.jpeg
0B58C089-70BE-4705-87DD-510B3FB48FBB.jpeg

Top Bottom