What's new

FS Gillette British Aristocrats

CONUS only please (Hawaii, Alaska, and APOs, etc. included). Prices include shipping and PayPal fee.

Continuing to downsize the den, so up for sale is a nice lineup of Gillette British Aristocrats! Perfect time to fill out one's collection or begin one's journey into this particular rabbit hole. Gillette certainly made some nice aristocrat razors across the pond!

1938 Gillette Aristocrat #15 OC - 1st Generation, rhodium plated. The king of smooth/efficiency for vintages! TTO opens smoothly and doors close fully. Some brassing at the top of the handle, normal small scratches on head. Unfortunately one side appears to have had one corner tooth slightly bent downwards (Please see pictures). Does not affect the shave in my experience. An otherwise excellent example given its age. The case has also held up considerably, and still snaps shut. Some minor wear in the inner lining. Looking to get $185.

1948 Gillette Aristocrat #15, Australian Set - 2nd Generation, rhodium plated. The same exact razor as its British cousin the #21. Razor has some very minor plate loss on the sides of the head. Some light spotting and small scratches from use throughout the razor. TTO mechanism is smooth but one door does have a very slight delay behind the other. Case is in surprisingly good condition with some minor wear in the inside lining. Hinges no longer snap shut as well. Minor plate loss on the outside. Looking to get back what I paid for it so I am asking $170.

1948 Gillette Aristocrat #16 - 3rd Generation, rhodium plated. Razor is in excellent condition with almost no plate loss. No visible brassing and very few scratches if any. The TTO mechanism is the smoothest I’ve ever handled. Doors open and close at virtually the same time unlike other Gillette TTOs. No case on this one unfortunately. Asking $125.

1955 Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Razor is a nickel plated Aristocrat Jr. TTO is reasonably smooth but not nearly as smooth as the #16. One door is a bit lazy. Some small scratches on the head of the razor. Considerable brassing on the handle. This razor may not be as pretty as the rest but it certainly gives one smooth shave! Case is in rather good condition too given its age. Lining is surprisingly nice. Unfortunately, I could not find a replacement to the original plastic blue blade dispenser the set came with in the 50's. Saw a nicer condition set with the dispenser go for $85 on here a while back. Asking $55.

L to R: Brit Aristocrat #15 OC, Australian #15, Brit Aristocrat #16, and No. #58

91B3F607-7F96-4B4C-8D38-412E927A8113.jpeg
8FF81D4D-565F-48BD-885D-16DCBE265A21.jpegAF8D0812-7151-4D3D-A044-6985963ED500.jpeg963B648E-86E0-473F-9D98-69638E00B560.jpeg

Last edited:
Will be out of town for the week. Any razors sold this week will be shipped on Monday when I return. In the meantime, let’s try some price drops:

1938 Gillette Aristocrat #15 OC - 1st Generation, rhodium plated. The king of smooth/efficiency for vintages! TTO opens smoothly and doors close fully. Some brassing at the top of the handle, normal small scratches on head. Unfortunately one side appears to have had one corner tooth slightly bent downwards (Please see pictures). Does not affect the shave in my experience. An otherwise excellent example given its age. The case has also held up considerably, and still snaps shut. Some minor wear in the inner lining. Looking to get $185. $175

1948 Gillette Aristocrat #15, Australian Set - 2nd Generation, rhodium plated. The same exact razor as its British cousin the #21. Razor has some very minor plate loss on the sides of the head. Some light spotting and small scratches from use throughout the razor. TTO mechanism is smooth but one door does have a very slight delay behind the other. Case is in surprisingly good condition with some minor wear in the inside lining. Hinges no longer snap shut as well. Minor plate loss on the outside. Looking to get back what I paid for it so I am asking $170. $160

1948 Gillette Aristocrat #16 - 3rd Generation, rhodium plated. Razor is in excellent condition with almost no plate loss. No visible brassing and very few scratches if any. The TTO mechanism is the smoothest I’ve ever handled. Doors open and close at virtually the same time unlike other Gillette TTOs. No case on this one unfortunately. Asking $125. $115

1955 Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Razor is a nickel plated Aristocrat Jr. TTO is reasonably smooth but not nearly as smooth as the #16. One door is a bit lazy. Some small scratches on the head of the razor. Considerable brassing on the handle. This razor may not be as pretty as the rest but it certainly gives one smooth shave! Case is in rather good condition too given its age. Lining is surprisingly nice. Unfortunately, I could not find a replacement to the original plastic blue blade dispenser the set came with in the 50's. Saw a nicer condition set with the dispenser go for $85 on here a while back. Asking $55. $45

Top Bottom