What's new

Gillette British #66 with a nickel head

Were any of the Gillette British #66 razors made with a nickel head like the Gillette President? Or do I have a Franken?

Shown below is a picture of the nickel headed #66 on the left alongside another #66 with a rhodium plated head.

IMG_0007.jpg

The #70 British Aristo is all nickel, and very difficult to tell the difference between those and the #66s...

R

romsitsa

Hello,

could you please make a photo of the bottom of the baseplate and the top of the center bar?
I'd like to know wether or not your No. 70 also has the securing "wings" at the bottom of the center bar and a different rod top than No. 66 Aristocrats.

Thank you

Adam

R

romsitsa

Thank you very much, it looks like a "plain" 4th generation Aristocrat. I was asking as I stumbled accross a similar nickel plated razor in a No. 66 case.
The No. 70 sets available online have a squarer box than the No. 66 (like in the ad Achim posted) the razors look almost like a No. 66 Aristocrat but they have II marking on the baseplate, securing wings on the center bar and a rouned end center rod.

I'm wondering were nickel plated 4th generation Aristocrats in No. 66 cases also called No. 70 sets?

Adam

R

romsitsa

I browsed through Aristocrat ads on Achims page and none of them mentions a rhodium plating with No. 66, only "heavily plated", further there is and ad of a nickel plated No. 16.
Is it possible that No. 66 sets could come both in rhodium and nickel?

Adam

NOS #70. As the ad says it's hand polished. The handle is extremly shinny almost like it's Rhodium, but it's not. This razor came from the UK. It was a retirment gift but was found unused (like a bunch of other items the old timer received as gifts). I chatted with his grandson who passed on the info. The unside felt is a beautiful cobalt Blue.

IMG_7888.JPG
IMG_7887.JPG

Top Bottom