What's new

Gillette Bostonian - how do I open it?

What?!?

You don't have Dawn detergent in New Zealand? This is an outrage.

heh, don't have fairy either (had already checked). Our primary dishwashing brands are Sunlight and Pamolive. Don't know if either will do more harm than good?

heh, don't have fairy either (had already checked). Our primary dishwashing brands are Sunlight and Pamolive. Don't know if either will do more harm than good?

Palmolive will be fine. I've used that brand when I was living in Belgium and it's very gentle even on the skin.

This is the kind I use everyday. Its da bomb. Remember going over to my parents house one day and tried it out, really liked it so now I have about 3 bottles of it under the sink. Smells great, and does wonders keeping my razors clean.

$apalmolive.PNG

This is what I went out and got this morning. The stuff we had was "sunlight" with lemon

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 85
Just a final follow up to thanks everyone for their help.

This afternoon I finally got the razor open after 4 days of soaking, and a number of calluses on my hands.

Here it is:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 75
Congratulations. Apart from the stuck assemble, it looks in great condition.

Give it a whirl and tell us your impressions.

Congratulations. Apart from the stuck assemble, it looks in great condition.

Give it a whirl and tell us your impressions.

Thanks. And with 4 days of soaking and me continuously trying to open it (and adopting a lot of friction), it's shined up nicely since the first photo I took.

A favorite here, a very nice looking example. Congratulations - your efforts paid off nicely! Enjoy your shaves with it!

Top Bottom