What's new

Gillette blue blade dispenser

Butterbean

Goodnight sir!
Today, I got a blue blade dispenser, brand new in unopened box for $3! I wasn’t sure how well to trust the blades that were in it, so I tossed them, since it was only in a box and not sealed in plastic. I am just wondering, if I leave the blade dispenser out on my bathroom shelf next to the shower, do I need to worry about the blades inside rusting? I shave my head 2x/wk, with a fresh blade every time.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I do not and would not leave any shaving kit in the bathroom due to the humidity. If you want to leave blades there then try it - you will have your answer soon enough 👍

Butterbean

Goodnight sir!
I do not and would not leave any shaving kit in the bathroom due to the humidity. If you want to leave blades there then try it - you will have your answer soon enough 👍
I’ve got a 90 year old chrome plated razor that I’m sure has seen it’s share of steamy bathrooms, yet it doesn’t have even a hint of rust.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I live in a humid Asian island country, and the humidity in the air can even be over 80~90% during the rainy season.

I've kept DE razors with blades in the bathroom since I've been shaving wet; except for a few brands with the occasional tea stain on the blades (which are easy to wipe off), there's no visible rust or corrosion in most cases .
I also shave my head two to three times a week and shave my face daily.
All I do is rinse with water straight after shaving, dry off any excess moisture on the outside of the razor, and put it on the shelf. Luckily we have soft water here.

In our place, only people who live near the sea are more worried about corrosion due to the high salt content in the air.

Last edited:
My 19 boxes Bic Chrome platinum blades are in plastic container with a screw on lid. I have also put various desiccant pouches from medicines in container. I fondly remember shaving with Gillette blue blades when I was in high school (1968 1970).

Today, I got a blue blade dispenser, brand new in unopened box for $3! I wasn’t sure how well to trust the blades that were in it, so I tossed them, since it was only in a box and not sealed in plastic. I am just wondering, if I leave the blade dispenser out on my bathroom shelf next to the shower, do I need to worry about the blades inside rusting? I shave my head 2x/wk, with a fresh blade every time.
Since you've tossed the blades, you only have an empty dispenser.
The dispenser is painted, so it ought not to rust that easily.
You could give it a light coat of WD40 or mineral oil.
It's only a display item and not at all $$$.
So, IMHO, just enjoy it; if it rusts, you're not out a lot!

gillette toggle art of shaving blue blades blondie may 26 2015.jpg

I just found the same blades with the plastic still on it the box. I had to buy it ($5). I’ve never seen those dispensers still in the box.

Top Bottom