What's new

Gillette Bleue Extra blades

Gentlemen,

I have been pleased with the performance of the Gillette Bleue Extra blades and have them in my rotation. I wanted to replenish my stock and cannot find them at my usual vendors which leads me to believe that they may have been discontinued. Do any of you gentlemen know if these blades are still available? If this has been discussed previously, please point me to that discussion and accept my apology...perhaps I need to get out more. :blushing:

Regards,

Doug

These are really, really good blades - and, sadly, no longer made. Don't know if any vendors still have them, but I've seen them from time to time at vendors, on BST, an even on ebay.

If you don't mind the price they are available on ebay...........the NOS Bleues now are discontinued and seem to have gone up a lot over the last year or so.

Sadly, the real NOS Bleues (in the plastic slip out packs with unwrapped blades) are no longer produce. I'm down to my last 130 and am hoarding them like krugerands.

Sadly, the real NOS Bleues (in the plastic slip out packs with unwrapped blades) are no longer produce. I'm down to my last 130 and am hoarding them like krugerands.

Yeah, those are the ones I've got too - about 150 or so of them. To me they might be as good as SIs.

These are great blades! I have about 300 of em. The ones that can be bought in France are not the same quality IMHO, those are decent blades at agteat price (€1, 70 for 10 blades).

In Suzhou they still sell the cardboard 5-packs with each blade wrapped first in regulation plasticky grease-proof stuff, then a paper coloured wrapping on top of that. Last time I checked they were 7.8 RMB for 5. There's no way for me to know if they're reaching the end of their run though. DE blades are seen as old fashioned and not nearly as good as Mach 3s. They haven't even got the Fusion here yet.

I have the big stash of the NOS GBE's. Multiple thousands.

And no, they aren't for sale. I am happy to trade for other highly sought-after blades like Spoilers, GPP, SPP and early Wilkinsons like Light Brigades.

Last edited:
I found they shaved like Astra SP's...

+1

The NOS GBE's are solid performers.If you are having problems finding GBE's try the Astra SP the ones that come in a olive green cardboard box in 5's made by Jilet (Turkish for Gillette). Though I have to add that all the blades I've tried made by Petersburg Products work great for me.

I got some of the last West Coast Shaving had, I found they shaved like Astra SP's...

I bought about 1000 when they were going cheap on Fleabay. They are the only blade I use anymore. I'm hoping I have enough to last me for a little while. I only shave every other day and they last me about 2 weeks each. i figure i have about 40 years worth.

Top Bottom