What's new

Gillette blades

King C blades are incredibly good but expensive if I would compare them with another blade I'd say the platinums are probably the closest in terms of performance maybe the king C's are just a little smoother, definitely check out the Nacet's as well

So what do you think, should i order 100 blades that i never tried before? :) Did someone from you have experiences with these Jordan guys?
I bought some Nacets from a B&B member on the BST. The packaging is in Arabic, so perhaps they came originally from Jordan? I do not know their origin, but I do know Nacets are my blade of choice, whether the packaging is in English or Arabic.

I have both blades and if your not sure go with the Gillette silver blue if you want a sharp & smoooth blade. The Nacets are cheaper and have no coatings but perform very well and have great longevity with good sharpness. Buy a tuck of both and test them yourself and that way you will enjoy the benefits and hardly cost you anything, then buy 100pcs to keep your cost down.
The chart below is just a ball park estimation on the blades I have used. I use the Gillette Astra SP as my standard to gauge to compare the other blades.
The blades I enjoy are the ones that cross the line from Sharp & smooth to Sharpest columns the most.
View attachment 1342571
Have some great shaves!

Shouldn't the BIC's be a little closer to the Feather's than the middle of the pack?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Shouldn't the BIC's be a little closer to the Feather's than the middle of the pack?
Bic's DE Blade are a very sharp blade supposedly, I tried 7 times to use them in my shave and found them good for first shave and then they dropped off on me and were unpredictable it seemed. So I put them in a good category because some really enjoy them & they sort of worked for myself. I have blades that are more predictable and are Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity also performed well endlessly. I wanted them to work for my milder razors but they were not the better performers.

Thanks to everyone , your input really helped me out! So as some of you have said above and many others here on the forum, the gillette naced is said to be a terrific blade. I really want to try them, but the problem is that no one sells them in germany. I can only buy them in 100 packs from ebay were they are being sold from two different guys in Jordan, one is a little cheaper then the other but only a few euros. So what do you think, should i order 100 blades that i never tried before? :) Did someone from you have experiences with these Jordan guys? And if yes, which one of them? You can pm me about it if you wish.

Have you tried razorbladesclub?

I really like the Nacet and also the Gillette Permasharp.

Also, I very often purchase 100 packs of blades I have not tried before.

Trying Nacet is what I recommend. Second choice would be GSB blades. But the Nacet's from Jordan are fine, I've had ones with English & others in Arabic & they are all wonderful!

Bic's DE Blade are a very sharp blade supposedly, I tried 7 times to use them in my shave and found them good for first shave and then they dropped off on me and were unpredictable it seemed. So I put them in a good category because some really enjoy them & they sort of worked for myself. I have blades that are more predictable and are Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity also performed well endlessly. I wanted them to work for my milder razors but they were not the better performers.

I used BIC disposals my entire shaving life before I found, and became obsessed with, the products on this entire wet shaving forum. That was over 15 years ago and I don't remember much about the BIC's (if they are the same sharpness as the double-edged BIC's) but I guess they worked without cutting me too much? (that may be because they weighed NOTHING with the plastic handles?)

Anyway, all my DE razors are now very "mild" on the aggressiveness chart, so I may try a 5 pak. If necessary, I can try them on the R1 or R2 plate (Rockwell) if they are REAL sharp. (I use most of the middle of the road sharp blades on Rockwell #3 or the equivalent with my other razors)

Have you tried razorbladesclub?

I really like the Nacet and also the Gillette Permasharp.

Also, I very often purchase 100 packs of blades I have not tried before.

I can’t thank you enough man! Cant believe that no one told me about that, what a awesome collection of blades and its only 3€ shipping to Germany! How is that even possible? Thank you again i will order very soon!

Check out razorblade club from Sweden. You can build your own sampler using tucks of various Russian Gillette blades. That is what I would suggest, there is nothing like trying blades for yourself before you buy in bulk.

Nacets are among the best, IMHO. At their price per 100, you can easily afford to change blades often and still save money compared with the King Gillette blades.

I will never buy the KCG blades. They are available in 4 or 5 stores here. Because Gillette are asking an arm and a leg for them. The light blue Platinum blades on the other hand are available in many supermarkets and small shops in my city. If I have to convert the price of a 5 pcs tuck to a recognizable currency it would be 0.35 EUR or 0.41 USD. I just buy food and throw a 5-pack into the basket.
:c1:

BD16F77A-E7F8-4968-B9E4-00A3DDB19209.jpeg
Hello fellas!
So today my package from razorbladeclub arrived. I ordered some different blades (picture above) and the first blade that i tried was the Gillette Nacet. I have to say, im pretty impressed! That was the first blade that i tried that felt like the king c gillette. By that i mean not exactly the same, but very very similar. Of course it feels like it has a different edge on it, because its a different blade, but boy what a great shave! In terms of sharpness, i wasn’t really sure and first thought that the king c is sharper, but the last against the grain pass proofed me wrong. I would say that they are equally sharp! With the exception in smoothness, because i never had a blade that smooth like the Nacet. That thing just cruised trough my hard stubble. So am i impressed? Yes! Do i think the Nacet is better? Maybe. I have 3 more of them, lets see! And ohh.. about every other cool blade for me to try next!
Special thanks to everyone who pointed me to this awesome blade shop, all of that for only 9€ including shipping.

Last edited:
As as old man with a tough beard and sensitive skin, I like my razor blades very sharp, yet smooth.

I do like some of the Gillette PPI blades: Nacets, Permasharp Supers, and Astra Superior Stainless (blue). I find Astra Superior Platinum (green) blades to be dull and rough.
The Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) blades made in India are also excellent.

However, do not limit yourself to Gillette blades made in Russia. There are other excellent blades. Here are some of my favorites.

BIC Chrome Platinum made in Greece
Dorco Prime Platinum STP301 made in Vietnam (do not confuse with ST300 and ST301 blades).
Personna Platinum once made in Israel, now made in Germany
Wilkinson Sword blades made in Germany (not the Gillette branded Wilkies)
Lord Platinum and Shark Platinum blades made in Egypt.
Super Max Blue Diamond blades made in India
Voskhod and Rapira Platinum Lux made in Russia, but not Gillette.

View attachment 1353095Hello fellas!
So today my package from razorbladeclub arrived. I ordered some different blades (picture above) and the first blade that i tried was the Gillette Nacet. I have to say, im pretty impressed! That was the first blade that i tried that felt like the king c gillette. By that i mean not exactly the same, but very very similar. Of course it feels like it has a different edge on it, because its a different blade, but boy what a great shave! In terms of sharpness, i wasn’t really sure and first thought that the king c is sharper, but the last against the grain pass proofed me wrong. I would say that they are equally sharp! With the exception in smoothness, because i never had a blade that smooth like the Nacet. That thing just cruised trough my hard stubble. So am i impressed? Yes! Do i think the Nacet is better? Maybe. I have 3 more of them, lets see! And ohh.. about every other cool blade for me to try next!
Special thanks to everyone who pointed me to this awesome blade shop, all of that for only 9€ including shipping.
Great choices! The feathers and Kai’s cut me to hell so I stoped trying to like them lol. My advice is listen to your face regardless of the brand-name and what people think.

Hello Gentlemen,

Since i started wetshaving about 2 years ago, i have been using the king c gillette blades which i can buy locally. I have also used Gillette platinum (darkblue) which were nice, but not as sharp es the king c. Then i tried the infamous feathers, which were amazing, but in the end lacking smoothness due to the extreme level of sharpness. So i searched in the forum to find a blade that performs like the king c gillette and been reading that some guys say that the gillette platinum in the light blue package is the very same blade as the king c gillette! Now if that is true, i can buy 50 blades for 9€ on Amazon, whereas the kings go for 4,90€ for 10 blades. Let me know if you guys tried the light blue ones and if someone found them to be the same as the king c gillette ones! And if someone knows of other blades that perform similar to the king c gillette please let me know !

Cheers

One thing to consider - it seems that Amazon Europe is selling a different variant. It looks like the usual Gillette Platinum Light Blue, but is packaged differently.

"Normal" non-Amazon Gillette Platinum Light Blue comes in a box of 50, 10 x 5-pack on hanging card. Each 5-pack has a barcode on the back

1646941855483.png

1646941928217.png

The Amazon Gillette Platinums also come in a box of 50 (sold as "50", rather than "10 x 5"), but inside the box is just loose 5-packs, they are not packed on a hanging card. The 5-packs do not have a barcode printed on the back and where the "normal" 5-pack has the surrey, UK distributor printed on it, the 'barber" pack is blank. The top of the box has a circular section that pops out so that a 5-pack can be taken out. Perhaps it's meant as a barber pack. It also has less/different languages and distributors listed than the "Normal" one.
1646940497252.png

There are discrepencies in the Amazon reviews, some are low ratings and of course, some reviewers wonder if they are fake. Most reviews are good. I wonder if the Amazon "Barber Pack" Light Blues and the non-Amazon Hanging Card Light Blues are in fact of different quality, but that they are being sold under the same Amazon listing, i.e. one product sold by Amazon vs another product sold by third-party seller, both on the same product page. It is not uncommon, especially for products that look so similar. Take Amazon Spain for example. Where previously the primary seller was "shipped and sold by Amazon.es", at the moment Razorbladesclub is listed as the primary seller on the listing for the "Barber Pack" however as far as I know, Razorbladesclub only sells the non-"Barber" version on hanging card.

I haven't tried the 'Barber" version, so couldn't weigh in. If you end up trying both the "Normal" and "Barber", let us know your findings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom