What's new

Gillette Blades

Hi guys. Out of all the Gillette branded blades, which one is your favorite? If you have a favorite one I mean. For me I think that I like the Gillette 7 o’clock Sharp Edge the most... slightly more than the GSB blades which used to be my favorite...ones. They never fail me with their performance. Sharp and long lasting. And cheap through Amazon too. What are your thoughts on this? All replies are much welcome!

Razorhead

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
For me it's the Gillette Nacet blades. I like the GSB's they are nice blades, but the Nacets work the same for me, last a bit longer and are a bit cheaper than the GSB.

Gillette 7 o’clock super platinum (black), without any doubt. They made shaving with GSB look like shaving with a piece of can = sharp but rough.
you don’t definition of smooth until you tried black,
warning ! once you go black there’s no way back.

Gillette 7 o’clock sharp edge is best for me. Although if you want to include vintage the my Gillette Spoilers are king.

I haven't tried Gillette 7 o’clock super platinum black (yet), but the two other 7 o'clock (yellow-green) are maybe the worse I have ever tried IMHO.
GSB is just great.

Man, I miss the 7 o'clock Blue's; those, IMO, put to shame any other flavor of 7 o'clock that have ever been.

Let’s face it everyone had different blades and razors that works for them and others can’t or won’t use them. That’s a great thing about wet shaving there are no rules. You do wants best for you shave

Hi guys. Out of all the Gillette branded blades, which one is your favorite? If you have a favorite one I mean. For me I think that I like the Gillette 7 o’clock Sharp Edge the most... slightly more than the GSB blades which used to be my favorite...ones. They never fail me with their performance. Sharp and long lasting. And cheap through Amazon too. What are your thoughts on this? All replies are much welcome!

Razorhead
When I was using modern blades the yellow or Sharp Edge version of the 7 oclocks and GSBs were my favorites too. The dark blue 7oclock were climbing in my ranking but I ran out and they were discontinued before I could form a final opinion.

Gillette 7 O'Clock yellows are my LEAST favorite blade. Ever.

Gillette Nacet's work great for me but top billing goes to Gillette Rubie.

My most used blade is the Gillette Silver Blue.
But the platinum, black, yellow, greens are all very nice blades

Wilkinson version no thanks, Nacet I still have to try

I like the Gillette Platinum the best of the ones I’ve tried which have been Silver Blue (too sharp) and SharpEdge (too rough). Oddly, it requires a slightly different angle of attack compared to the others and something I’ve experienced with all the Platinum blades I’ve tried, and which I tend to prefer as well.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. No wait, that’s boring. Try them all!

My usual go-to blades are BIC Platinums and Voskhods. I do have about a dozen other brands on hand, too, and recently got some 5 packs of GSB's when I had a vintage razor sent out for work. Finally tried the GSB's and I like them. They are as smooth as my Blue Personnas, but not nearly as long-lived.

Where can I buy these...Ive never seen them for sale.

I got mine when my local drug store was discontinuing them. This was a few years ago. At the time they were listed on the Gillette site and on Art of Shaving's web site. Amazon. Just checked, not anymore. So production has ceased, it seems. And as good as they are, they aren't worth the prices I'm seeing on Ebay.

Top Bottom