What's new

Gillette blades on fishing expedition...

A shame those older containers are no longer used these days.

I use a lot of vintage Gillette PPs and Spoilers, and loading those blades has it all over unwrapping from paper. AFAIK the only current blades that use dispensers are Edgewell Personnas, if you buy them in 10s at the pharmacy or grocery store, or Accutec Personnas in 5s at the beauty shop, or Dorcos in 10s at Dollar General.

As for the video, it appears to be mislabeled - that wasn't about blue blades, it was about the old uncoated stainless blades that Gillette started selling in 1963.

There are still blades in dispensers but usual in individual wrappers.
Both systems have their merits and I still have a nacet dispenser with blades ;-)

I use a lot of vintage Gillette PPs and Spoilers, and loading those blades has it all over unwrapping from paper. AFAIK the only current blades that use dispensers are Edgewell Personnas, if you buy them in 10s at the pharmacy or grocery store, or Accutec Personnas in 5s at the beauty shop, or Dorcos in 10s at Dollar General.

As for the video, it appears to be mislabeled - that wasn't about blue blades, it was about the old uncoated stainless blades that Gillette started selling in 1963.
62 I believe it was. I have a hang card of two dispensers promoting the MLB in 1962

I only use vintage blades and I love all the various types of dispensers. Of course their manner of loading a blade only works on tto razors but even on three piece types of razors they lessen your handling of the blades because you don't have to unwrap it.

I think you can still get Schick & Personna in dispensers, at least you could a few years ago when I was still using modern blades occasionally.

I think you can still get Schick & Personna in dispensers, at least you could a few years ago when I was still using modern blades occasionally.
I bought a dispenser of Personna Platinum in Sally Beauty Supply about 18 months ago, and six dispensers of German Wilkinsons on eBay just a couple of months ago.
On a slightly different note, I just finished a 1969/70 dispenser of vintage Wilkinson Super Swords - the last two came out glued together. I slipped them into a saucer of alcohol for a few minutes to loosen them, then loaded them into two old fave Gillettes (maybe 1927/28 NI and a perhaps 1946 flat-bottom round-pin LC) and have been alternating them for the past month.

Tom

Top Bottom