What's new

Gillette Barbershop Fresh

Is it bad to use canned shaving cream in a pinch?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 91.8%

• Total voters
in my opinion smells similar to a classic after shave.
Yeah, but AV Blue is a classic AS. :thumbdown
And so is Pinaud Clubman :thumbup:

Shoot. :glare: That reminds me that I forgot to look for some this afternoon.
If I really don't like it I can always combine it with some other detested soap, for some magically acceptable result.

a lot of people get on my case over posting about barbershop fresh gillette but it works great for me! especially with a few drops of water i get great shaves and as long as you rinse your face i hardly get dry skin.
People need to get over it. I like Barbershop Fresh and get great shaves with it. I always found it interesting the some wet shavers talk about how canned foam dries out their skin but they seem to have no issues using aftershave splashes that are loaded with alcohol, which dries out your skin.

People need to get over it. I like Barbershop Fresh and get great shaves with it. I always found it interesting the some wet shavers talk about how canned foam dries out their skin but they seem to have no issues using aftershave splashes that are loaded with alcohol, which dries out your skin.
I agree. I hear a lot of guys Stating" It drys out my skin" Wimpy! Wimpy! Wimpy!

not to mention they say ingredients for canned are bad bad but some of these aftershaves can be bad bad too!

If I really don't like it I can always combine it with some other detested soap, for some magically acceptable result.
it has a few notes in my opinion similar to clubman.

Your post just reminded me that I haven't used Aqua Velva since High school and I need to try some again.

I agree. I hear a lot of guys Stating" It drys out my skin" Wimpy! Wimpy! Wimpy!
I dont know if Id say its wimpy, I just find it funny that they say they wont use canned goo because it dries out their skin but how much their love their artisan AS which is loaded with alcohol that also dries out their skin. To each their own, I suppose.

I dont know if Id say its wimpy, I just find it funny that they say they wont use canned goo because it dries out their skin but how much their love their artisan AS which is loaded with alcohol that also dries out their skin. To each their own, I suppose.
the biggest one is aerosol propellants.

Maybe wimpy was not the right word. We all know that aerosol cans are full of chemicals, but we still use them. I use soaps mostly and Barbasol on occasion.
but one could argue bad chemicals in these soaps on some brands especially aftershave so in my opinion if you pick on some one for canned cream pick on your self for not using full organic products.

Nothing wrong with canned shaving cream. Love Barbasol Original and Gillette Foamy Regular. Noxzema is still in my rotation also.

I do not use canned foam in a pinch.
I use canned foam ALL the time since 1980 when I started shaving (with a DE).
It is far superior to brush/soap in performance,speed and convenience if ,of course,you know how to use it.
That's why it has been the main lubrication mean for wet shaving since the 50s,when everyone shaved with DE and SE razors.
The "inferiority" of canned foam and the "superiority" of the archaic brush/soap thing is classic internet BS and did not exist before shaving forums.

Razorcan: I do not doubt your experience. But I was wondering what do you mean by "know how to use" canned foam?

I prefer soaps and creams with a brush for sure. But I often do use canned foam (usually Barbasol), for time's sake, early in the morning on work days. I find to add water "thickens" the foam. Is there anything else that you do?

Razorcan: I do not doubt your experience. But I was wondering what do you mean by "know how to use" canned foam?

I prefer soaps and creams with a brush for sure. But I often do use canned foam (usually Barbasol), for time's sake, early in the morning on work days. I find to add water "thickens" the foam. Is there anything else that you do?
a little water seems to help canned stuff alot

Is there anything else that you do?

I don't spray HALF the can of the foam on my face like those "anti foam" bozos on youtube do :001_302:

I also RUB IT INTO my stubble not simply paste it on like Santa (again something all anti-foam bozos on youtube always seem to do)

I never add water,no need if you have thoroughly wet stubble (I always shave after my shower).I simply rub a SMALL quantity on my face thoroughly and go to town.

I don't spray HALF the can of the foam on my face like those "anti foam" bozos on youtube do :001_302:

I also RUB IT INTO my stubble not simply paste it on like Santa (again something all anti-foam bozos on youtube always seem to do)

I never add water,no need if you have thoroughly wet stubble (I always shave after my shower).I simply rub a SMALL quantity on my face thoroughly and go to town.
massaging it in is better than globbing it on

Top Bottom