What's new

Gillette Atra VS Gillette Vector

Hi there is someone here who has tried both Gillette ATRA and Gillette Vector
And can tell me if he felt any difference in shaving quality,
What shaves closer between the two, and what feels more pleasant on the skin.
*I do not really care about the differences in the handles between the two
What is more interesting is the head

Many Thanks :)

ATRA

proxy.php

proxy.php

Gillette Vector
proxy.php

proxy.php

I have only used Trac2 with Personna refills. That said I was really impressed with the string of drama free solid shaves on my last trip. It is a fixed head design, so you don't have to push against your face at all to get align the head. That way like a double edge, you can use very little pressure. Cheers, JM

Here in the UK it's the other way around. Metal handle was the Vector and plastic handle was the atra. Based on that i think it's a safe bet they shave almost the same. A little bit like the Trac11 and the G11. Same razor 'n' blades but 2 different market trends.

I have an old metal handled Atra, which I really like compared to the plastic Vector handle. That said, I prefer the Vector blades that came with the razor. The little lube strip thing doesn't degrade as fast as the Atra carts and it just feels better. It's all subjective, though. Once my few Vector blades run out, I'll go back to the Personna ones. They're the best value in cartridge razors anywhere, and work just fine.

I have an old metal handled Atra, which I really like compared to the plastic Vector handle. That said, I prefer the Vector blades that came with the razor. The little lube strip thing doesn't degrade as fast as the Atra carts and it just feels better. It's all subjective, though. Once my few Vector blades run out, I'll go back to the Personna ones. They're the best value in cartridge razors anywhere, and work just fine.
In terms of sharpness Which blades more sharper Atra or Vector?
And for about comfort/smoothness what win the atra blades or vector blades?

Compared to the actual Gillette branded Atra carts, that are way over-priced here (and it has been a few years since I actually bought them) I would say that the Vector ones are better in all aspects.

Astra carts are better. The heads are different....., the angle / curvature.....so for me the ATRA again is much better (I cannot get a decent shave w a vector handle).

Top Bottom