What's new

Gillette Aristocrat(US) - 1934

I really admire people that can take things apart and put them back in better shape as before. I’m just a klutz that admires nice things but I wouldn’t be able to deal with an issue.
I’m so glad that my 1934 works without any problems.
102E8323-00A1-4B0F-9F83-0622570355EC.jpeg

I really admire people that can take things apart and put them back in better shape as before. I’m just a klutz that admires nice things but I wouldn’t be able to deal with an issue.
I’m so glad that my 1934 works without any problems.
View attachment 1288721
WOW 🤩

That sight just blows me away even though I can just look at my own example 😄

I can see that you live in Europe too. How long have you been the lucky owner and did you find in Europe or did you buy it from USA?

Have you tried it?

WOW 🤩

That sight just blows me away even though I can just look at my own example 😄

I can see that you live in Europe too. How long have you been the lucky owner and did you find in Europe or did you buy it from USA?

Have you tried it?
Peter @Northstonehill pointed me to the French Bay after I acquired a British Gen3 in Germany and was on the lookout for an OC. Yes, this is the most priced razor in my collection and I use it regularly.
8BE3CCC6-7495-4D44-8454-5727420367D5.jpeg

Gen3
8FCB743F-733B-4B0F-A33B-B8198DCD1A46.jpeg

Peter @Northstonehill pointed me to the French Bay after I acquired a British Gen3 in Germany and was on the lookout for an OC. Yes, this is the most priced razor in my collection and I use it regularly.
View attachment 1288734
Gen3
View attachment 1288735
I see, that was kind of him 🙂

I have searched the same way for a while. How long ago is it since you bought it?

How do you find the shaving with the 34’ ‘Aristocrat’ ?

Do you find it smooth or a bit harsh with the “open comb” ?

I see, that was kind of him 🙂

I have searched the same way for a while. How long ago is it since you bought it?

How do you find the shaving with the 34’ ‘Aristocrat’ ?

Do you find it smooth or a bit harsh with the “open comb” ?
Both were acquired this year. The Gen 3 is hefty but I like the balance of the original better. I prefer OC‘s and shave steep angle so the 1934 fits my style very well. A couple of weeks ago I started using Treet Carbon blades for a change and I’m looking forward to try a Dura Sharp in it.

Both were acquired this year. The Gen 3 is hefty but I like the balance of the original better. I prefer OC‘s and shave steep angle so the 1934 fits my style very well. A couple of weeks ago I started using Treet Carbon blades for a change and I’m looking forward to try a Dura Sharp in it.
Great to hear some experience from someone who use it regularly 👍

Interesting with choice of blades. I have only heard bad things about 'Treet'-blades and especially the carbon ones even though the black color looks cool 🙂

Last edited:
Great to hear some experience from someone who use it regularly 👍

Interesting with choice of blades. I have only heard bad things about 'Trees'-blades and especially the carbon ones even though the black color looks cool 🙂
The Black Beauties were underwhelming in the razors that I used them but the Classic and the Dura Sharp are really smooth so I think they are coated even though they are from carbon steel.

The Black Beauties were underwhelming in the razors that I used them but the Classic and the Dura Sharp are really smooth so I think they are coated even though they are from carbon steel.
Interesting! I will have to try some of the 'Treet'-blades in the future 👍

Yes I have seen that, but I have just received 13 different kinds of blades, that has been on my list for a while, so I think those will be used a bit before next order 🙂
If you have received by chance some Egyptian Shark blades you can participate in this years B&B Shark Week Jul. 11.-18. :thumbsup:
967636E0-C80F-463A-ACF6-90D4DB440FC7.jpeg

No problem buddy, but please do tell more 🙂

I guess you live in USA? Where did you find it if it's being send to you?

Do you have any pictures of the beauty from the seller?
I don't have any pictures and have not received it yet. I did purchase it on esty. . They have lots of vintage razor and prices i saw went from $20 all the way to $300. If you use esty i guess just used common sense and ask seller question. The one i bought was in good shape with original box (fair shape). If your in the market you will find lots to choose. I just got a Gillette red tip in beautiful condition works like new for $30.

Thanks for the reply. Im a pretty ambitious collector as you can see on one of the pictures in the first post so I have spent time looking on 'Etsy'. I have seen some beautiful razors but have never run into "good deals" like you are describing 🙂

Thanks for the reply. Im a pretty ambitious collector as you can see on one of the pictures in the first post so I have spent time looking on 'Etsy'. I have seen some beautiful razors but have never run into "good deals" like you are describing 🙂
I'm always looking,like you I'm a collector. Im done for now so if i see a good deal ill let you know

I'm always looking,like you I'm a collector. Im done for now so if i see a good deal ill let you know

No, it's a screw inside a screw.
View attachment 1289175
Definitely interesting but also frustrating 🙂

Why can't they all just use the same screw. At least the "Solid Guard" American 'Aristocrat'-models can be disassembled the same way as the 2.generation British ones.

I guess I need to give up in terms of disassembling my 34' Aristocrat, but from your picture it should be possible with the 1.generation British models. Hopefully I will be able to get one of those in the near future 🤞

Top Bottom