What's new

Gillette Aristocrat Primer

Thanks for the replies, and i hope not to hijack the OP's post. There is no date code on the razor. ???
20190413_205242.jpg

"acquire the Anglo-American Aristocrat. Just in case..." ;-)

Wow. Great info. I'm going to keep my eye open for a 1934 and also an English model. Any English favorites I should be looking for? I prefer open comb.

Thanks again

I have US and UK A’crats and the UK ones just have better fit and finish. However, I love all my A’crats but my fav is the 34-35 you see in the case above...

Looks like a '48-51. Hard to be more specific since they didn't have date codes.

I have one that is in rotation this week. I put it as slightly milder than a Red Tip...very similar feel.

I would qualify that as slightly milder than a US Red Tip which has a blade gap of 0.66mm or so.

The UK made Red Tip is a very different beast with a blade gap of 0.81mm...which to me is about as efficient
as the legendary SB razors in the #15 and #21 sets.

Source:

FAQ

The UK made Red Tip is a very different beast

Yes, I agree. I have an English Red Tip SS and find it about as close to perfect as it gets. More aggressive than the US counterpart but smoother than my Red Tip Rocket. I think the English Red Tip Super Speed would be my desert island razor. Sure hope it never comes to that. ;-)

Okay...my bad. I didn't realize there was a difference. Somebody send me a UK Red Tip so I can verify this info. And while you're at it, please include a UK 'Crat for "evaluation" purposes. :001_302:

Just got this in the mail yesterday. I agree that the Brit razors are a slight notch up but the 34 is a beauty and was the first.
IMG_0915.JPG

Okay...my bad. I didn't realize there was a difference. Somebody send me a UK Red Tip so I can verify this info. And while you're at it, please include a UK 'Crat for "evaluation" purposes. :001_302:

All three Red Tips for your viewing pleasure.
IMG_4646 (1).JPG

I have a '41 Aristocrat that was never used, so I bought a beater Aristocrat off ebay to see if it was worth trying. I found it to be too aggressive (preferred my SuperSpeeds at that time), so the '41 is still unused.

Hello All,

I'm looking to purchase my first Gillette Aristocrat. I would like to educate myself on the Aristocrat first before deciding on a model. Is there a good primer on this site or somewhere else that would be a good place for me to start?

Thanks Much
Thanks for the replies, and i hope not to hijack the OP's post. There is no date code on the razor. ???View attachment 972184

Does the base plate say Pat Nos on Package or Pat Nos on Pkg were you load the blade? If it says package it is a 48 - 50 and if it says pkg then 1950.

Top Bottom