What's new

Gillette Aristocrat No.15 (solid guard bar / cc) vs. Aristocrat No.21

Isn't the Gillette Aristocrat No.15 (solid guard bar / closed comb), and the Aristocrat No.21 actually the same razor, just different razor gift set numbers?

The Gillette Aristocrat No.15, and the Aristocrat No.21 look identical to my eye - (everything looks identical between the #15 and the #21 razors: identical looking unnotched razor heads, identical looking handles - with an opening in the handle knob, similar (&/or) same razor weight, etc.). . . The #16 razor is significantly different than the #15 / #21 razors. . . The #16 razor has a notched razor head, the handle knob is closed / no opening, the #16 razor is significantly heavier than the #15 / #21 razors, etc.

The information shows that the razor in the #15 set is an open comb!

proxy.php

#21 is a solid guard bar

proxy.php

The #15 comes as close comb too. The #15 and #21 are the same razors in different boxes. Here is a 1948 Australian catalog:

proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Very cool stuff. Gillette was a master at rebranding the same razor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Isn't the Gillette Aristocrat No.15 (solid guard bar / closed comb), and the Aristocrat No.21 actually the same razor, just different razor gift set numbers?
Straight to the point: yes!

@KennDogg, they ain't rebrand anything. They create varieties of sets with one and the same razor.

The Gillette Aristocrat No.15, and the Aristocrat No.21 look identical to my eye - (everything looks identical between the #15 and the #21 razors: identical looking unnotched razor heads, identical looking handles - with an opening in the handle knob, similar (&/or) same razor weight, etc.). . . The #16 razor is significantly different than the #15 / #21 razors. . . The #16 razor has a notched razor head, the handle knob is closed / no opening, the #16 razor is significantly heavier than the #15 / #21 razors, etc.
In the grand scheme of Aristocrats, does that make the #16 more or less desirable than the closed comb 15 & 21's?

Why do some seem to have a recessed channel where the barberpole grip meets the part that tapers towards the head, and others seem to have that tapered part meet the barber pole without the recessed channel?
$_57.JPG

Top Bottom