What's new

Gillette Adjustable prices dropping?

I noticed this too. I looked because I was thinking of selling a slim, which is nothing special, but prices are down a bit for this range from what I paid for it >2 years ago so I'll keep it for a while yet.

That's fine with me. I'm not really interested in dropping $200 on stainless razors. So while people are distracted with that, I've dropped about $75 over the past couple of months picking up some great condition vintage. A plastic bottom Super Adjustable in case, Schick adjustable in case, and a NOS Gillette Twinjector. I'm okay quietly stalking eBay while people are distracted with the new shiny toys.

+1.

The cheaper prices for vintage than about a year ago has made me glad I waited a year to venture into to vintage Gillettes. Last year when. I first got into DE razors I couldn't find anything that wasn't just absolutely crummy for less than $30 in the past few weeks I have picked up 4 razors all less than $20 a piece that are razors I drooled over on here a year ago.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Seems to me that the price for Gillette Adjustables in top condition were in the $50+ range a year ago. Now I see them going for around $20. Is it less demand? More of them on the market? I don't think the number of competing products has jumped all that much. Ideas?
I think that maybe the Ming Shi and the
QShave Futur clones are competing products and consumers are buying them
At 2,3,and 4 at a time, the razor is selling
For as little as $8.00 USD shipped, the build is high quality and the shave is among the
Best You can get, it beats the Gillette Adjustables hands down. Which explains
All positive reviews it receives on this forum, it appears to be a very popular razor.

So what is the lowest price you've seen a
New Parker Variant selling for by a vendor
The reason I'm asking is because when a
Potential buyer is considering an adjustable razor , then start's comparing
Prices , the Ming Shi and QShave are in a
Class of their own

I think $57 is pretty much the standard price for the Variant. At best you might find a vendor running a 10-20% off sale for their store which might help a bit. Otherwise the price is pretty much the same everywhere. I picked mine up from Amazon because I have Prime shipping.

As for the Ming Shi, the price is attractive, but I don't think I would have wanted one as my first adjustable. It's just a bit big and clunky, especially up against my favorite, the Gillette Super Adjustable.

I do think, more than price, that there are just some people that have no interest in a "used" razor. Those folks won't be looking at vintage equipment. The rest of us probably aren't comparing new to vintage prices because we own both already, or soon will.

Top Bottom