What's new

Gillette 7'o Clock Golden Shave

Hah! You got click baited! The same way I was with these blades.

I thought these were some new blades but these seem like they are yellows. The whole win gold thing is some kind of marketing gimmick (I didn't win no gold)

There are 10 blades in these packs, normally yellows come as 5 in a pack.

Made in Russia and pretty good, if you know how yellows are.
proxy.php

Sent from my M2101K9AG using Tapatalk

Since both models are for the Arabic countries, this is just a different packaging because of a chance to win gold. Not sure if they put the gold in the packs though. I wouldn't. Most probably if you win you claim it later.

Since both models are for the Arabic countries, this is just a different packaging because of a chance to win gold. Not sure if they put the gold in the packs though. I wouldn't. Most probably if you win you claim it later.
According to Gillette's FB page, it will include a winner card that you can send to Gillette for your prize. 0.4 grams of Gold, I think.

Tapatalking in my sleep!

That seems like a pack for Middle Eastern countries.

Tapatalking in my sleep!
In the last 20-30 years the 7 o'clock brand has been marketed in Asia only. If you buy the blades in Europe, US etc. it is just grey market sales. Look at both the packages of the greens and the yellows. Middle East countries are mentioned only.

In the last 20-30 years the 7 o'clock brand has been marketed in Asia only. If you buy the blades in Europe, US etc. it is just grey market sales. Look at both the packages of the greens and the yellows. Middle East countries are mentioned only.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

Tapatalking in my sleep!

I wonder if its a limited time packaging release for the 10 count packs for the Olympics. I know other companies release special packaging around the holidays or when certain events are taking place

I wonder if its a limited time packaging release for the 10 count packs for the Olympics. I know other companies release special packaging around the holidays or when certain events are taking place
Seems like a limited time promotion. Don't think it's related to Olympics otherwise it would say that somewhere. The FB post doesn't mention Olympics either.

Tapatalking in my sleep!

Seems like a limited time promotion. Don't think it's related to Olympics otherwise it would say that somewhere. The FB post doesn't mention Olympics either.

Tapatalking in my sleep!
Could be size constraints due to the package size and a regional FB marketing release aimed at the Arabic speaking countries

It could be the Olympic are not mentioned because the Olympic committee hasn’t been paid for the connection. But during the Olympics one assumes when winning and gold are used.

It could be the Olympic are not mentioned because the Olympic committee hasn’t been paid for the connection. But during the Olympics one assumes when winning and gold are used.
That’s another possibility. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we’re seeing the “win gold” packaging right now. Though P&G would have the the resources and connections to work something out with the IOC to use the Olympic symbol and other things for marketing purposes for a limited time as an “official sponsor”

Last edited:
Top Bottom