What's new

Gillette 7 O'clock

OK i keep Hearing good things about Gillette 7 O'clock Blades, And i keep hearing Yellow Pack, Can Anyone tell me what is the Difference and why is the Yellow pack Preferred as apposed to the other packs? Also How to the 7 O'clock Compare to Astra SP and Feather Blade's. Thanks :001_smile

I love Astra's but I'm starting to think that the yellows are smoother. I can't tell the difference between them and a feather except that I can comfortably get 4 shaves out of a yellow. IMO the greens are on par with Shark SC and I find the blues sharp but irritating. I just tried Voskhod and they performed very close to the yellows.

Although very popular, I just don't care much for the yellows. Send me your address via a PM and I 'll send you a couple to try.

Oh my ... I only have three of these on hand and have already received four requests. Sorry everyone but I'm out.

Last edited:
Check out the blade forum. Tons of posts about 7 O'Clocks. Yellows, Blues and Blacks all have their fans. Personally, I think you can't go wrong with any of them. Give them all a try and see which you like best.

I had 3 Gillette blades with a sampler pack I bought of the BST. I had 1 yellow, 1 green and 1 Gillette Goal (India?). The yellow gave the best shave for me out of the 3. I don't know why but it was the closest to an ASTRA which is my go to blade. I would revisit yellows again.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I love Astra's but I'm starting to think that the yellows are smoother. I can't tell the difference between them and a feather except that I can comfortably get 4 shaves out of a yellow. IMO the greens are on par with Shark SC and I find the blues sharp but irritating. I just tried Voskhod and they performed very close to the yellows.

Off topic, but in your sig line change "Ragile" to "Fragile"

YMMV. The yellow pack are good blades, at least for me. For others might be not so good. They seem to be a little below in sharpness to Feathers in my opinion.

I tried the 7 o'clock yellow but they savaged my face.

The I tried the Astra SP which were yummy.

YMMV

Not tried feathers yet.

I did a blind test of a 7 O'clock Yellow against a feather, here.

That was cool! Thanks for your effort.

I tried them both back to back and thought they felt very similar. For the first three shaves there was really no difference in feel, feedback or smoothness for me.

The Yellows were just a bit sharper than the Astra-SP and SS for me. The 7OC blacks on the otherhand are much sharper. If Feather is a 10, the blacks are a 9.

On smoothness, the yellows were ok, nothing great. The blacks on the otherhand, are the smoothest blade I have ever used and are now my sole blade.

Too bad they are so damn expensive (relative to other DE blades of course)

Yellows are my #1 blade now. I pushed one to 6 shaves, and the 6th required a touch up with a single blade disposable, so I will only use them for 5 shaves. They are very sharp and smooth! Sharper than Lab Blue, but about as smooth to me, and they last far longer than Feathers on my face.

I liked them enough to order 100. I am set for two years now :)

Yellows - I found them to be very sharp but not particularly smooth or forgiving. just under Feather's in that regard

Blacks - found them to be nearly as sharp as Yellows but much smoother. they're very similar to Astra SP's. probably my favourite of the 7 o'clocks and my first choice in my trusty Merkur HD

Greens - the Permasharps are not quite sharp enough to be a top tier blade...... BUT.... in a Fatboy dialed up 8 they are heavenly! extremely smooth and forgiving.

the other Greens (made in Russia) - pretty close to Blacks, I like these quite alot.

but having said all that....... the best current made Gillette blade is the Gillette Blues made in Shanghai - those things are magical! hard to find though if you're not in China (haven't found them online anywhere)

proxy.php

but having said all that....... the best current made Gillette blade is the Gillette Blues made in Shanghai - those things are magical! hard to find though if you're not in China (haven't found them online anywhere)

found a supplier on ebay after reading your post thought you might be interested - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Gille...ltDomain_0&hash=item3a67c3ba4d#ht_1414wt_1037
i havent used the supplier nor am i affiliated just thought you might be interested
JB

Top Bottom