What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.

Let me start by saying I have heard good things about these blades, but they dont seem to get as much love around here as other types of blades. I am glad I tried these. I was given a few, by a fellow member, and tried it out.
I used a Gillette Fat Boy, setting #5.
The first stroke with the 7 O'Clock Yellow was silky smooth. Very sharp blade. It reminds me of a Feather. Every stroke was effortless, and smooth.
I was so impressed with this, from the start, that I ordered 100 from the Bay.
I currently have 5 shaves on this blade, and it is just as sharp and smooth now, as with the first shave. I will keep shaving with this one, to see how far it will go, before giving out.
Reading the other posts, it seems that most prefer the 7 O'Clock Blacks, over the Yellows. I cannot see how they can be better than this.

I think yellows, blacks and blues get a lot of love around here, but yellow the least out of three.
I am planning to pop one in the near future and see it for myself whether it lives up to expectation.

I totally agree. I got a pack of the yellows in the blade sampler I ordered with my first razor, and at the beginning I had to shelf them due to poor technique. Then a month ago I was going through the remnants of that sampler and decided to try them again and boy was I surprised! It was the best shave I'd had. It started me thinking about what other blades I'd been wrong about so I've been working my way through some samples, but the 7 o'clock yellows are definitely coming out on top. Makes me want to try the black ones for sure, with all the hype

The yellows are in my top 3. Honestly I mostly use the 7 Oclock yellows and feathers and rotate a 3rd blade (med prep, GSB, 7 oclock black, polsilver). I like the 7 oclock blacks a lot, but the yellows are way better for me than the blacks. I find them to be sharper and smoother overall.

Let me start by saying I have heard good things about these blades, but they dont seem to get as much love around here as other types of blades...

Ironically, I was thinking this exact same thing as I used one yesterday & have used them intermittently in the past. It is indeed a marvelous blade. In my top 5 or 6 blades.

I havent tried the greens or the black yet, but my yellows are just under the GSB's in terms of quality, definately my #2 blade.

The only 7 o'clock blade I have tried is the yellows....

In my experience they are not as smooth as my Med Preps but they are great blades nevertheless... nice and sharp.

Loaded into a Tech razor they deliver awesome shaves, or in almost any razor for me at least.

I recommend using them first in a mild razor.... until you can figure out what works best.

Hello to All,

The Yellow 7 o'Clock's are in my top three (3) rotation blades, along with Feather's & Super Iridium's.

For me, they work very well in all my DE razors, both vintage and modern.

Have fun :001_smile

Best regards

Russ

I've only tried the Yellows. They are quite nice, but I rank them below Feathers, Polsilver SIs, Gillette SilverBlues and Merkurs.

But they do the job. If you're into 'em, more power to you.

Yellows any day. My absolute favorite blade but others come close at a better price point if shaving on the cheap. :001_smile

Hate those blades. Gave me nicks and irritation every time i used them. Never happened with Feather or Gillette Platinum (RUS).

These are my favorite blades. I find them to be the perfect combination of sharp and smooth. The greens and blacks just don't hit the mark for me. This has been my only 100 blade purchase so far.

Let me start by saying I have heard good things about these blades, but they dont seem to get as much love around here as other types of blades. I am glad I tried these. I was given a few, by a fellow member, and tried it out.
I used a Gillette Fat Boy, setting #5.
The first stroke with the 7 O'Clock Yellow was silky smooth. Very sharp blade. It reminds me of a Feather. Every stroke was effortless, and smooth.
I was so impressed with this, from the start, that I ordered 100 from the Bay.
I currently have 5 shaves on this blade, and it is just as sharp and smooth now, as with the first shave. I will keep shaving with this one, to see how far it will go, before giving out.
Reading the other posts, it seems that most prefer the 7 O'Clock Blacks, over the Yellows. I cannot see how they can be better than this.

If I recall correctly, the Russian Gillette 7 O'Clock blades all seemed to hit the US wet shaving world at the same time, shortly followed by the Indian 7 O'Clock blades. Among the Russian 7 O'Clock blades, the blue, Super Platinums seemed to generate the most excitement. When the Indian blades hit the market, there were many comparisons between the black box Super Platinum (Indian) and the blue box Super Platinum (Russian) blades. I think that excitement sucked all the air out of the room and left the yellow Sharp Edge blades without the acknowledgement that it deserves.

For me it's a nice blend of sharpness and smoothness - one of my favorites.

GSB #1 for me.

Yellow and black tied for 2nd, yellow feels sharper, black feels smoother. Could live with any of these three forever.

The Yellows are my favorite blade. They are outstanding in my ATT and in everything else I've tried them in. Almost as sharp as Feather but with some longevity.

Top Bottom