What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock VS Feather

Over the last few years my beard has turned completely gray and become extremely tough. I enjoy shaving with a variety of razors and blades because shaving has become a great adventure for me over the last couple of years.

By far, the best blade for my beard type is a Feather and the best razor is a slant. Blades are such subjective items in all our shave dens but for me its a feather. The 7 o'clock blades are about number 6 on my list.

I think feathers are worth every penny. I bought 100 for 30.00 from Dridiot here on the vendor corner, I get at least 6 shaves out of one blade. That makes it .05 a shave.

Both are among my favorites. Gotta say though, the first shave with a Feather is not that great, seems to need to be "broken in" by running it over my skin first :mad3:

I just finished a week of Feather shaving on 4/5 on my Slim Adj. Greatest week yet for shaving.:a14:
I am trying green Gillette 7 O'clock and Astra blades in the next week.
I will see soon enough....

John
PS enjoy Shark Double Chrome as well.

I think feathers are worth every penny. I bought 100 for 30.00 from Dridiot here on the vendor corner, I get at least 6 shaves out of one blade. That makes it .05 a shave.

Right on Target :a41:

+1
I got 5 shaves out of my feather last week. I have to buy more.
John

These are actually my two favorite blades and (for me) they are the sharpest. Which I like more is dependent on what razor I'm using them in.

I thought I'd add that generally speaking I find the Yellows to be more smooth and the Feathers slightly more sharp.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Courtesy of SteveWY I tried a 7 O'clock Black. Feathers are my favorite but my first shave with the Black (Gillette flare tip SS / Tabac) was absolutely smooth, BBS and nick free! It's an amazing blade for the first use and look forward to subsequent shaves; I have found another favorite. Thanks, Steve; I'll be ordering after the 1st!

In addition to the usual YMMV, there are at least 5 different 7 O'Clock blades from two different countries, so I think it's rather difficult to compare Feathers to 7 O'Clocks in general.

In addition to the usual YMMV, there are at least 5 different 7 O'Clock blades from two different countries, so I think it's rather difficult to compare Feathers to 7 O'Clocks in general.

View attachment 532404

(copied from another B&B member in an earlier thread for reference)

I was partial to the Russian 7 o'clock SharpEdge (yellow box) The Russian 7 o'clock Super Platinum (blue box) have not been available for a number of years. It's disappearance is tragic and borders on lunacy.

Last edited:
Feathers are certainly sharp blades but I prefer the yellow 7 o'clocks hands down. The yellow pack Gillette Sharp Edge is as sharp as I'd ever need a blade to be and noticeably smoother than the Feathers. Quality control also seems to be more consistent- occasionally I'll get a Feather that doesn't feel right, like its scratching me or something. In addition to the Sharp Edge, the PolSilvers are excellent blades- also very sharp and very smooth.

Blade choice is very dependent on the razor and, especially, the individual. Feathers and 7 O’Clock have many fans here. However, both are mid-tier for me.

My top tier (in no particular order):
GSB
Nacet
Astra SP
Personna red
Personna lab

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
From the blades I have tested and enjoyed for my medium beard & skin type I enjoy the sharp and smooth crossing over to the sharpest seems to work for myself(YMMV).
Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom