What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green)

Muhle R89 Twist, TOBS Grapefruit, Prorasso Pre-Shave (Green) only one days growth.
Have always had a decent shave (in a cut throat) with the Sharp Edge (Yellow) so thought I'd give the Super Stainless a go.
First pass was nice and smooth, not a lot of audible feedback. Second pass xtg likewise. Third pass atg didn't seem too bad either. Felt a little irritated... Alum block soon told me different, neck was very irritated but rest of fave not too bad. I've flipped the blade to give it a second go in two days time. For now the skin is getting a rest.

I just use one for a 2nd shave an hour ago. Pretty smooth, not super sharp but sharp enough. Safe blade no red or irritation. One of the few blades sold in a local pharmacy. I'd say bottom wrung of top tier which in my book ain't bad. Razor was Fine Marvel.

Never liked them. I bought 90-100 during the years. They aren't sharp enough for my whiskers. I have to use them in my aggressive open comb razors (Pearls and R41). Also I only can get 2 shaves. Shave #3 doesn't give me BBS. Always thought they are overrated. Many guys on the forum like them, but my guess is they don't have heavy beard.

I also agree. I tried a shave with a 7 o'clock green this evening for the first time. Very smooth on my face but really struggled when shaving my head I switched out and finished up with an astra sp.

just to make sure, is everyone talking about the Russian made super stainless, and not the permasharp stainless?

for me it wasn't the sharpest blade ever, but it didn't struggle, and I have tough beard. I remember it got better after the 1st shave.

Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green) is my daily shave blade. Second year in a row now, almost dethroning Astra SP.
As others noted, not the sharpest, but it delivers excellent 6 or 7 shaves for me. Every day. Astra SP is my very favorite, on par with the above and sharper, so it can bite if not steady. But the SS Green, I can shave half asleep, which happens quite often.

In my books, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green) is an excellent every day blade.

In my opinion and very limited experience, irritation never comes from the blade, but from poor technique (lousy lather and excessive pressure, most likely).

In my opinion and very limited experience, irritation never comes from the blade, but from poor technique (lousy lather and excessive pressure, most likely).
I strongly disagree. Everyone has different skin, whiskers, razors, creams etc. Add to that different steel, honing, multiple types of coatings. A blade might be fantastic for you but terrible for my skin (or vice-versa).

Never liked them. I bought 90-100 during the years. They aren't sharp enough for my whiskers. I have to use them in my aggressive open comb razors (Pearls and R41). Also I only can get 2 shaves. Shave #3 doesn't give me BBS. Always thought they are overrated. Many guys on the forum like them, but my guess is they don't have heavy beard.
Yea it's the tough whiskers again! I need sharp blades to reduce irritation.

Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green) is my daily shave blade. Second year in a row now, almost dethroning Astra SP.
As others noted, not the sharpest, but it delivers excellent 6 or 7 shaves for me. Every day. Astra SP is my very favorite, on par with the above and sharper, so it can bite if not steady. But the SS Green, I can shave half asleep, which happens quite often.

In my books, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green) is an excellent every day blade.

In my opinion pretty much anything could dethrone Astra SP! They are not a good blade for me at all, unlike the Astra SS (Blue) which are superb, quite a lot sharper. Just for the record I use the same procedure for every blade I test, so lather and technique are identical and pretty good now... Deffo not an issue there.

In my opinion pretty much anything could dethrone Astra SP! They are not a good blade for me at all, unlike the Astra SS (Blue) which are superb, quite a lot sharper. Just for the record I use the same procedure for every blade I test, so lather and technique are identical and pretty good now... Deffo not an issue there.
$7.56 for 100 on Amazon as I type this.

Top Bottom