What's new

Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless Green, whats your experience?

I shaved with a russian green and it was super comfortable, and seemed to be really sharp, no tugging, just sliced my whiskers off with no problems, I got one nick on my adams apple, but it seems to happen often, I always forget about that spot and Im a little wreckless at times

So, what are your experiences with them? I happen to like them

Last edited:
Solid for me but nothing special. I have a good 300 of them and I would rather load a Permasharp Super than a 7OC Green.

Then again my blade stash is quite large. I have enough Spoilers to shave into my 60's with, and I am 33 now. And we haven't talked about the NOS GBE's yet.

I use them once in a while. I however I'm a HUGE fan of the Yellows and Feathers.

The Blacks get a lot of love on this forum also. I have not tried them ... YET!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Russian 7 O'Clock Greens are smooth for me but not the sharpest for closeness I've used. I would rate them probably my 4th most used blade brand behind,

Super Iridiums
7 O'Clock Blacks
Astra SP

Solid for me but nothing special. I have a good 300 of them and I would rather load a Permasharp Super than a 7OC Green.

Then again my blade stash is quite large. I have enough Spoilers to shave into my 60's with, and I am 33 now. And we haven't talked about the NOS GBE's yet.

Show off!

Russian Greens are in my top 5 blades list. They give me 3 very good shaves. They feel similar to Astra but don't last that long.

Last edited:
Isn't it wild that no blade has the same results with 2 people. Working through that ENTIRE sample pack has shown me some hidden gems. The greens are one of them. Now I got to try the Permasharps & the Super Iridiums.

All these blades................ all these soaps.............. creams............. I'm gonna pop! Don't start me on razors & brushes.

I was just surprised that for a blade that really doesn't seem to get much love they work really quite well, they are just as good as my persona Labs, and I personally would put them better than the Astra SP, the blade really just did better than I was expecting

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
i liked them better than the Astra SP i've always used, not as well as the Feathers, and very similar the BlueBirds. on my face anyway. they took down 2 days growth very well, little to no pulling, or skipping. slight irritation, but that could be my technique, and 1-3 weepers, which closed with cold water. nice blade all around.

I've only used them once in a brand new (to me) '66. Tech, first shave was not that pleasurable
lots of irritation. But I know better than to judge a blade with only one shave-will try again tonight

My favorite blade, thus far. Mowed down 5 days of growth without a problem. Smooth and produced a DFS.

Looking forward to trying the other 7 o'clocks, especially the blacks.

Second worst shave I ever had was with a 7 O Clock Green, the worst being with a BIC. Maybe I'll have to try again, I still have a couple left from my sampler pack.

I guess I should mention I used it in my Fatboy set on #3, Its not the closest shave I've ever had, but I was Damn Fine none the less, I do shower and condition my beard before I shave and I find that makes a HUGE difference, It softens my whiskers quite a bit, and the green worked admirably well with that prep and setup

I like them in the right razor, but I find its performance varies. For example in the 38C and Futur it is relatively harsh,IMHO. I've got good results with Fatip, Weber ARC and 39C slant.

With blades, it's always YMMV, but the 7'O clock super stainless green Russian pack is my no. 2 blade, after the SharpEdge yellow Russian pack. Those two are the smoothest blades that work for my very tough and coarse beard. For the record, I have tried 7'O clock blacks (India), Derby (worst blade for me), BIC chrome platinum, Feather, Astra SPs (works fine but not as smooth as the greens & yellows) but the Russian yellow & green 7'O clocks always come up tops for me.

Top Bottom