What's new

Gillette 7 O'clock colors?

Gillette 7pm comes in yellow,green,blue and black
Are they all made in the same country?
can anyone tell me the difference in quality? I just tried the blues and they were outstanding, would like to try some others.

The Russian Blues and Indian Black are tops for me. The Russian Yellow SharpEdge are also nice.

proxy.php

The old Czech made Blues are also great blades.

proxy.php

More info on the Czech made Blue Super Platinum blades

My original post on the Russian made 7 O'clock Blue Super Platinum blades.

This post by Chris is spot on. My experience is the same as his as well. I have quite a few of the Czech Blue SP blades that I think are excellent as well. The Black, Blue and Yellow 7 O'clock Gillettes are in my top five blades and are in my inventory.

Regards,

Doug

What about the Green Super Stainless? I'm about to use that for the first time. Next blade in my sampler pack.

:001_cool:

My first shave with a green 7 O'clock was awful and in fact I could not complete the shave with that blade. I almost wrote them off but because of previous experience with one bad blade in a pack, I tried another. My next experience with the greens was totally different and a pleasure to use. At this point they are not in my top five but they are a very fine blade. As always, YMMV. I will continue to use the greens in different razors to complete my test.

Regards,

Doug

So I shaved today with the Green 7 o'clock for the first time and I must say they weren't that bad. Astra is still my #1 so far but still have a few more blades to try in my sampler. Feather will be the last one I try. The 7 o'clock did a good job for its first run but the true test in my book is the second shave. This blade is great for people just starting out with wet shaving, like myself because its really not that aggressive but still gives a good shave with a few more passes. I'll post after my second shave with this blade.

:001_cool:

What about the Green Super Stainless? I'm about to use that for the first time. Next blade in my sampler pack.

The green Indian blades are not too bad. I can use them for daily shaving, but they dull pretty fast if I'm trying to cut down 2 or 3 days growth.

The green Russians, on the other hand, are too rough and tuggy for me.

Chris and Doug, good info! I am a Gillette guy, all my razors are vintage Gillettes. I use primarily Personna Labs and Astra SPs. I find I do well with about any brand or platinum or coated blade. I've been thinking I need to stay traditional and at least have some Gillette 7 O'Clock blades on hand. From most of what I read the yellows and greens are not as popular or favored as the blues and blacks.

Can you advise on thew particulars or pros/cons between the blues and blacks, Russians vs. Indians? Or are they a toss up?

I tried the one of the blues today, I must say it was very nice, no irritation whatsoever. I'll use it a couple more times and try a black next.

Top Bottom