What's new

Gillette #58 British Aristocrat 1953, aluminum

Received this very rare and beautiful razor yesterday...

The razor and its case are impeccable, the outer packaging in almost excellent condition. It's the aluminum version and weighs 33gr. The doors are nickel plated.

A "Patent Pending" model from the early 1950s...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thank you, gentlemen!

I have only a few vintage razors and this one is my most beautiful find.

Also, I found this advertisement on Google, which indicates that is a Junior Aristocrat razor.

$djYL1rn.jpg

I have a question. Can I use the blades that are in the dispenser or it's better not to? I think it's full of them.

Way to go, Nicholas! That is a great score. Good things happen to good people. Let us know how it shaves. Oh yep I'd at least inspect the blades as they may be perfectly fine. I have an Aristocrat from that era and the blades still have a thin sheen of oil on them in the dispenser.. Thanks for sharing.

I wouldn't use the blades as they do degrade over lengthy periods of time. On the (rare) occasions I've done it over the decades I've always regretted it. Think of trying to shave with a supermax blade that you've been using for weeks. You can do such a thing but why would you want to?

Thanks a lot!

On the one hand, I am a bit hesitant to use it, since it looks like it's never been used or used just a few times and want to keep it in my collection as it is. On the other hand, I haven't tried any aluminum made DE. The only aluminum razor I have is the Alumigoose SE. I'll think about it. For now, I really enjoy it when I visit my bathroom and seeing it next to my other razors with its beautiful red case.

Top Bottom