What's new

Gillette 195 Adjustable 'Bottom Dial'

• I hadn't really imagined that I would be able to add this razor to my collection for quite some time, but an opportunity presented itself and I had to take it.
  • Especially the razor is in great condition and it's nice to have the rare case.
  • The instructions is a replica that I made from the only available scan of the 'Bottom Dial'-structions I could find using a couple of sources online. To my knowledge only very few of these original structions in paperform exist which of course makes good sense.
  • Unfortunately the person who performed this scan years ago did it in a very low quality. That being said I managed to make it work and use the original dimensions. The final result is obviously not perfect, but for sure a nice extra touch to the set.
  • The "adjustable"-shelf in the cabinet looks pretty good at this point 👌🏼

IMG_2635.jpeg
IMG_2636.jpeg
IMG_2637.jpeg
IMG_2638.jpeg
IMG_2639.jpeg
IMG_2640.jpeg
IMG_2641.jpeg
IMG_2648.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
WOW dude, congratulations! Those bottom dial 195 adjustables are super rare from what I understand. You are very lucky indeed, for being able to get one, in such great shape too. So, did you only get it as a collectible for your shelf, or do you intend to shave with it once in awhile? So very beautiful! 😍

I have a 1959 E-3 195 Adjustable Fatboy, the standard kind with the top dials. Even though these types of Fatboy's are easier to get, I too felt very lucky to get the one I have. A very generous B&B member offered to sell this one to me, and its because of him, that I own this beautiful piece of history, that still shaves amazingly today infact!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thanks for sharing your wonderful razor with all of us, its a real masterpiece of manufacturing, back in the day when companies made things to last.

WOW dude, congratulations! Those bottom dial 195 adjustables are super rare from what I understand. You are very lucky indeed, for being able to get one, in such great shape too. So, did you only get it as a collectible for your shelf, or do you intend to shave with it once in awhile? So very beautiful! 😍

I have a 1959 E-3 195 Adjustable Fatboy, the standard kind with the top dials. Even though these types of Fatboy's are easier to get, I too felt very lucky to get the one I have. A very generous B&B member offered to sell this one to me, and its because of him, that I own this beautiful piece of history, that still shaves amazingly today infact!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thanks for sharing your wonderful razor with all of us, its a real masterpiece of manufacturing, back in the day when companies made things to last.
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

I intend to take it for a ride once in a while. The razor has been used before although it must have been sparingly considering the overall condition.

These historic pieces are for sure fantastic and the great thing is we can keep looking for them for years to come 🙂

• I hadn't really imagined that I would be able to add this razor to my collection for quite some time, but an opportunity presented itself and I had to take it.
  • Especially the razor is in great condition and it's nice to have the rare case.
  • The instructions is a replica that I made from the only available scan of the 'Bottom Dial'-structions I could find using a couple of sources online. To my knowledge only very few of these original structions in paperform exist which of course makes good sense.
  • Unfortunately the person who performed this scan years ago did it in a very low quality. That being said I managed to make it work and use the original dimensions. The final result is obviously not perfect, but for sure a nice extra touch to the set.

View attachment 1638075View attachment 1638076View attachment 1638078View attachment 1638079View attachment 1638080View attachment 1638081View attachment 1638082View attachment 1638083

View attachment 1638075View attachment 1638076View attachment 1638078View attachment 1638079View attachment 1638080View attachment 1638081View attachment 1638082View attachment 1638083
Welcome to the very exclusive club of Bottom Dial owners from a man who owns one! Hope you find much satisfaction. They shave great and are one of the most unique Gillettes ever. Congratulations!

As a fellow collector of Gillette I can say… that is an absolutely stunning collection. Museum quality! That sir is impressive. And that original techmatic… what an incredibly scarce and rare piece as well, along with the bottom dial. Congratulations.

Top Bottom