What's new

Gillette: 1946 - 47 Aristocrat vs. 1948 - 50 Aristocrat vs. Red Tip -- Shave Quality Differences?

Please let me know what the shave quality differences are between the Gillette: 1946 - 47 Aristocrat vs. 1948 - 50 Aristocrat vs. U.S.A. manufactured Red Tip?

Thank you,

Steve

That's a comparison I'm interested in as well.
Love my 46-47 Aristocrat but been pondering a lot on the 48-50 lately.

That's a comparison I'm interested in as well.
Love my 46-47 Aristocrat but been pondering a lot on the 48-50 lately.

Over all, from what I've been able to research, it appears that all three of these razors have somewhat similar saving performance, and over all, all three of three of these razors are very well liked . . . However, while I can easily find where people review / explain their love of (or for a very few people, why they dislike) the 1946 - 47 Aristocrat, or the 1948 - 50 Aristocrat, or the U.S.A. manufactured Red Tip, I have never seen a "head-to-head" comparison between the razors, why they like one razor design over an other, or a ranking between the razors -- "1st, 2nd, 3rd // The best, OK, Least good of the three razor designs."

I have, love, and regularly use all three razors. I have a fairly coarse beard.

The '47 Aristocrat and the '56 Red Tip shave similarly.

The '50 Aristocrat is slightly milder.

I can feel my whiskers sooner when shaved with the 46/47 compared to the 48-50 Aristocrat. That is the only difference I notice between those two.

Top Bottom