What's new

Gifted a Razor from vendor at "Flea Market"

Hi all,

I was up early searching the local "Flea Market" here in Maine. At first, I was unable to find any Razors. I socialized at bit with some very nice Vendors. Then, I stumbled upon a table which had this item (not Razor) for sale. Did I buy it ? HELL yes! Why ? Just look at this crazy thing :
upload_2019-6-15_17-59-16.png

I also purchase two other vintage Vacuum Tubes (Short Wave Tubes ?) and secured them in my Car. I went back to the "Flea Market" and then said "hello" to a sweeet older Woman (a vendor). Aside from selling "items" she sells "Home made" Pies! Last week, I purchase one of her "Custard" Pies. Pretty darn yummy! I hadn't Breakfast that morning so, I ate the ENTIRE Pie (half in the parking lot) and then drove five miles down the road to grab a cup of Coffee and I finished the other half! Hey, Custard Pie has Eggs right ? At any rate, today, I purchased a Blueberry Pie from the lil' Ol' Lady and I later took this Pie home (and then had half a Pie for Breakfast. Pie, the Breakfast of Champs! So anyway, back in the "Flea Market", I was (again) chatting with a nice Vendor I've known over the years and I was telling him about my R.A.D. new Hobby. As I was leaving, I spied a very very small Silver metal case in his "display" case. I said "is that per chance a Razor ?" He said, Oooh yea! I completely forgot about that little Razor. Once removed from the display case and upon my examining the Razor, I asked the Vendor "how much" would he like for the Razor ? The Vendor quickly stuck out his Hand and shook my Hand. "That's what I want for the Razor" a Hand shake. Wow! I was just "blown away!" I could not believe this Gentleman just handed over/gifted me a Razor! LOL, and what do you think the Razor ?

upload_2019-6-15_18-15-39.png

upload_2019-6-15_18-17-35.png

upload_2019-6-15_18-18-55.png

SixCats!

Hi all,

I was up early searching the local "Flea Market" here in Maine. At first, I was unable to find any Razors. I socialized at bit with some very nice Vendors. Then, I stumbled upon a table which had this item (not Razor) for sale. Did I buy it ? HELL yes! Why ? Just look at this crazy thing : View attachment 990915

I also purchase two other vintage Vacuum Tubes (Short Wave Tubes ?) and secured them in my Car. I went back to the "Flea Market" and then said "hello" to a sweeet older Woman (a vendor). Aside from selling "items" she sells "Home made" Pies! Last week, I purchase one of her "Custard" Pies. Pretty darn yummy! I hadn't Breakfast that morning so, I ate the ENTIRE Pie (half in the parking lot) and then drove five miles down the road to grab a cup of Coffee and I finished the other half! Hey, Custard Pie has Eggs right ? At any rate, today, I purchased a Blueberry Pie from the lil' Ol' Lady and I later took this Pie home (and then had half a Pie for Breakfast. Pie, the Breakfast of Champs! So anyway, back in the "Flea Market", I was (again) chatting with a nice Vendor I've known over the years and I was telling him about my R.A.D. new Hobby. As I was leaving, I spied a very very small Silver metal case in his "display" case. I said "is that per chance a Razor ?" He said, Oooh yea! I completely forgot about that little Razor. Once removed from the display case and upon my examining the Razor, I asked the Vendor "how much" would he like for the Razor ? The Vendor quickly stuck out his Hand and shook my Hand. "That's what I want for the Razor" a Hand shake. Wow! I was just "blown away!" I could not believe this Gentleman just handed over/gifted me a Razor! LOL, and what do you think the Razor ?

View attachment 990919

View attachment 990920

View attachment 990921

SixCats!
That's a nice razor.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

ALREADY DONE! Just yesterday, I "gifted" a Birth Year (correct Quarter) Razor to my Buddy (who's Wife is in really BAD shape suffering from the BIG "C"). I think this Razor might of helped to lift his Spirits a little.

SixCats!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thank you for the comments on the Razor. It's a neat lil' German Travel Razor.
@ajkel64, thank you Sir. Ooooh, you should see the size of this CRAZY
Radio Transmitting Tube! Not sure what I'm going to do with it but, it's
cool! @Lightcs1776, thank you Sir. @Robbyboxers, Oooh, Lobstah Roll
GOOD! Sadly, I didn't have any Seafood yesterday (although I did enjoy
"Buck a Shuck" Fresh Oysters" Friday night and of course Beer!)
Oooh, along the Mid-Coast yesterday were having Lobster Boat
Races in the Harbor! Wow! Some of these Engines must be
"modified" Lobster Boats engines! Unreal! these Boats really move out!
The Engine's sound is like that of "Top Fuel/Drag" racing!
Hundreds swarm Boothbay Harbor for Maine’s first lobster boat races of 2019
@Steve V. , agreed! I was pretty stunned by this person "gifting" me such a nice item.

upload_2019-6-16_6-2-30.png

Boothbay Harbor, Maine

SixCats!

Very nice razor, don't forget to let us know how it shaves!
Your pictures are great too! Makes me miss the east coast more now! I lived in Nova Scotia for 11 years and that's where my family live.

Top Bottom