What's new

Gift from Italy

My brother and his recently wife took a vacation trip to Italy, and returned with a tub of Acqua di Parma shave cream as a retirement gift for me. This stuff is fantastic! The texture, fragrance, and performance are all top notch. The best is the feel after I'm done. It's like I've used an after shave balm even though I haven't. Didn't even use my pre-shave oil this morning (third shave with ADP this week). I found myself humming "If I were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof -Yeah, that rich. What a luxurious product. Highly recommended as a gift

For me parfums of ACQUA DI PARMA are the real porfums.....a bit very bit and you have a scent for all day.
the prices are high...but in it there is a lot of quality

My brother and his recently wife took a vacation trip to Italy, and returned with a tub of Acqua di Parma shave cream as a retirement gift for me. This stuff is fantastic! The texture, fragrance, and performance are all top notch. The best is the feel after I'm done. It's like I've used an after shave balm even though I haven't. Didn't even use my pre-shave oil this morning (third shave with ADP this week). I found myself humming "If I were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof -Yeah, that rich. What a luxurious product. Highly recommended as a gift

I don't know anything about the soap but just wanted to wish you a happy retirement. I know I fought retirement kicking and screaming for years but once I was talked into it (after being downsized out of a job and taking two disability leaves in one year for health issues) I really enjoy not having to go to work every day. I still think about what it would be like to go to the office every day from time to time but doubt I will work full-time again. Fortunately I had (and still have) a pension to fall back on.

I don't know anything about the soap but just wanted to wish you a happy retirement. I know I fought retirement kicking and screaming for years but once I was talked into it (after being downsized out of a job and taking two disability leaves in one year for health issues) I really enjoy not having to go to work every day. I still think about what it would be like to go to the office every day from time to time but doubt I will work full-time again. Fortunately I had (and still have) a pension to fall back on.

Thanks for the good wishes. So far, so good. Took a 10 day trip to NM with SWMBO immediately after I quit just so I wouldn't think about work EVERY day. I am also very fortunate in that I'm old enough to have started a job back when defined benefit pensions were still around. Mine's even adjusted for inflation! Time will tell if we can stay in NJ with these crazy property (and other) taxes.

i have de Acqua di parma shave creme and the aftershave balm as well.
Both are very good ( the best i have ) and after my shave i put some Acqua di parma cologna intensa on:thumbup:

Thanks for the good wishes. . . . Time will tell if we can stay in NJ with these crazy property (and other) taxes.

You are welcome.

You could come to Michigan. About the only unusual tax we have is that pensions are taxable as income at 4.6% if you were born after 1/1/1946. We have real estate property tax (about $400-$1000 a year on a large house) but no personal property taxes. Car insurance is the highest in the country (we have unlimited medical coverage from car accidents) but you can still carry full coverage with a good driving record for $1800 or so a year per car, PL/PD is about $700 yearly (outside of Detroit or Grand Rapids). In my area we have houses for sale routinely with two to three bedrooms for less than $100K.

Also, we don't have Sandy-type hurricanes here to tear up your house -- the last hurricane we had here was in 1946 when one made it across land to Lake Michigan in the middle of summer when the water is warm (hurricanes get stronger on bodies of warm water, salt content does not matter). We also don't have Chris Christie as governor.

i use daily the cologne, is amazing nothing to compare,unique.
i bought one tabac cologne waiting from ebay-my firends talk something "big" too,much more cheap,of course.

Top Bottom