What's new

GFT Travel Brushes in Pure Badger / Klar Feinste Kabinett / XPEC Scented / Wickham 1912 Club Soda

Doing a review on two recent PIF's: GFT Travel Brush (@facetime) and Klar Rose (vintage out of stock / private user).

GFT Travel Brush:
This is the smallest brush I have now. Granted I only own two others. I love this brush! Its so perfect for traveling especially with the case. The hair is amazingly super soft and can hold enough lather for 2 passes if needed. Considering it was used and sitting unused for at least 2 years or more, there was no hair loss or issue with backbone of the hair. Its so "cute" as my daughter said looking at it. I really enjoyed the ability to control the soap application given the smaller knot and no issue what so ever with over application or covering an area not needing soap. The fit/feel in the hand had no issue especially since I prefer handles that are wider and longer - just had to relearn how to hold it another way. As its indicated purpose this brush is super fantastic for traveling with the compliments of the screw like casing that is both attractive but functionally protective. Fits in there like a glove. I hope my wife does not steal this from - she used it too with the XPEC soap and was dying with glee.

@facetime : many many thanks. Even the way you sent it in an awesome fashionable box and personal note really went beyond the call of duty for this fabulous gift!!
:austin1::hips::lol:🙏🙏:badger::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1:

Klar Feinste Kabinett / XPEC Scented / Wickham 1912 Club Soda

1) Klar - really not sure how old this soap is but man o man. I see why it was so popular. Lather and glide were easy with the GFT Travel Brush. The scent is very faint or subtle. Perhaps because its quite vintage but still performed for my intended need the shaving very effectively. Good soap overall. So disappointed no longer around.

Private user to remain anonymous was great in giving me some ample quantity of some the discontinued Klar rose scented soap. I like to pass this along to two more users as a PIF so PM me (first come first served - USA 50 States only). There is enough for about 3+ uses for each PIF.

Another private user is kind enough to give me some of the Dusy Kabinette soap which will provide a review later.

2) XPEC - all I can say is wow and wow!!! As soon as opened the package I got a sublime waft of the scent. Got this from Shave Dash in a sample size but baby, talk about a soap that smells so divine. So sad that I cannot purchase the scented version. I found the unscented but the price is too much to risk especially since I prefer the scented version. That and I have too many soaps. The soap is easy to lather and about a pea size easily could deliver two good passes. The soap does not dry out and keeps a nice sheen. The post shave - oh my goodness. Fantastic. Love Love Love. I don't know what else to say. Bring this soap back!!!!! Of course used the GFT Travel brush. Wifey likes it too to use it. I cant really describe the scent - maybe something citrus (no clue) but it is wonderful. And again - that post shave feel is superb!!

3) Wickham - this was given to me from Shave Dash (many thanks James!). So glad too because I was questioning on the scent. Especially since I don't drink sodas (lol). But was I wrong. The scent is great and not over powering. The soap it self builds a nice lather but was a little dry - likely because if there really any carbonation from the "soda" (if any or something else). This is definitely a soap I like to keep to have fun. My daughter loves this soap; so much she kept kissing my head (used on my head). She took it away from me and keeps smelling it. I just hope she does not lick it.

DSC_0115.JPG

Attachments

• XPEC.jpg
    XPEC.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Klar.jpg
    Klar.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0120.JPG
    DSC_0120.JPG
    743.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0121.JPG
    DSC_0121.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0122.JPG
    DSC_0122.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • Wic.JPG
    Wic.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • SOTD.JPG
    SOTD.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Great review, great pics and super lather. Brush has found a new home with better lathering skills than I ever offered it, lol.:straight:
Thrilled that your daughter and wife approve as well. And I agree with your daughter, it is kinda “cute”. Best wishes for continued enjoyment.

I used XPEC Original again this morning. Amazing stuff. I'm very bummed it doesn't seem to be available anymore, though I've got two tubs that still are mostly full. Let me know if you find another source (after you've met your needs, of course).

Top Bottom